“At Spencer Fane, we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental principles essential to the firm and our clients’ success. We foster and develop a diverse array of attorneys and professional staff who bring varied ideas and perspective to our clients’ complex legal challenges.”
Our mission is to build, maintain, and leverage a diverse and inclusive law firm that strengthens our clients and communities.
We implement this mission through a variety of initiatives including:
- Educating our firm members on DEI issues and providing opportunities for discussion.
- Recruiting law students to ensure a diverse applicant pool and participating in recruiting events aimed at enhancing the diversity of law firms’ workforces.
- Mentoring and training all attorneys towards their goals of becoming more effective service providers to our clients and advocating for their success.
- Supporting diversity-focused networks, such as our Black Opportunities to Network and Discover (BOND) and Women ADVOCATE Connect Groups, the Law Firm Antiracism Alliance, and the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity.
- Directing and encouraging our DEI Committee to promote, monitor, and evaluate our policies.