Tracey Wallace helps clients proactively address critical labor and employment legal issues through preventive advice and counseling, allowing employers to minimize the risk of costly regulatory and compliance issues or litigious claims.
With a broad range of experience in private practice, Tracey represents an array of state, national, and international clients in the full spectrum of employment- and discrimination-related matters. She also continues to curate a notable and successful track record of defending employers in complex cases in federal and state courts throughout the country, along with overseeing administrative proceedings for notable corporations before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, state agencies, and the Department of Labor.
Tracey’s management representation includes discrimination lawsuits involving race, sex, age, religion, pregnancy, and disability; restrictive covenant claims; class and collective actions; EEOC and other agency charges; unemployment compensation claims; workers’ compensation claims; and wrongful termination claims. Her labor practice routinely involves advising and representing clients in collective bargaining, labor arbitrations, union organizing attempts, and corporate campaigns.
In an effort to avoid unnecessary legal actions, Tracey assists employers in the drafting of manuals and policies, implementing sound best practices and training employees. She also conducts harassment investigations when necessary to assess legitimacy and provide counsel on procedural requirements.
Notably, Tracey’s specific legal work includes extensive experience defending school districts and colleges in teacher contract disputes, tenure disputes, severance negotiations, allegations involving discrimination, student litigation, and allegations involving violations of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), as well as advice and counsel.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1996 (J.D.)
- The University of Texas at Austin, 1993 (B.A.)
- Texas, 1996
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Obtained summary judgment for major international client against allegations of disability discrimination and violations of labor law.
- Obtained defense arbitration decision for major international client against allegations of disability discrimination and harassment.
- Obtained defense verdict for major airline in grievance arbitration regarding termination.
- Obtained summary judgment for construction client against allegations of sexual harassment.
- Obtained defense verdict after jury trial for major banking client against allegations of racial discrimination and harassment.
- Lambda Legal, Former Co-Chair of the National Board
- WHO (Women Helping Others), Former Vice-Chair
- Election Protection
- Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment, 2023-2024
- Best Lawyers in America, Labor – Management, 2022
- American Inns of Court
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Committee for a Qualified Judiciary
- Dallas Bar Association, Fellow
- Minority Participation Committee
- Publications Committee
- Fifth Circuit Bar Association
- L. Turner Legal Association
- National Employment Law Council
- Texas Minority Counsel Program
- “Evolving Title VII Standards: What Lies Ahead?” HR Legal & Compliance, October 2023
- “Intersectional Lives, Intersectional Experiences: How Transgender Women of Color Laid the Groundwork for Modern Equality Laws,” ABA 15th Annual Section of Labor and Employment Law Conference, November 2021
- “Managing Workforces In Our Current Social / Political Climate,” 2021 NELC Annual Virtual Conference, May 2021
- “Legal Update: Sex Discrimination and Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity,” ABA 12th Annual Section of Labor and Employment Law Conference, November 2018
- “Predictable Scheduling,” National Employment Law Council, April 2018
- “Executive Series: Internal Investigations in the Weinstein and #MeToo Era,” Webinar, February 2018
- “LGBT Issues in Employment Law: Marriage Equality Meets a New Administration,” State Bar of Texas CLE, December 2017
- “LGBTQ-What Every Employer Should Know,” NRF Employment and Benefits Meeting, October 2016
- “Equal Pay Act,” Lavender Law Career Fair and Conference, August 2016
- “Breaking Through Unconscious Bias,” POWER / Opening Doors for Women, November 2015
- “Benefits,” Out and Equal Conference, October 2015
- “Workplace Violence Seminar – Sexual Harassment and Workplace Violence,” Dallas Area Rapid Transit, January 2014
- “Diversity and Inclusion,” State Bar of Texas, June 2013
- “LGBT,” Texas Minority Counsel Program, October 2012
- “Fair Labor Standards Act,” Chubb Executive Risk, April 2011
- “Winning Before Trial – Five Super Liens,” Texas Bar, March 2009
- “Texas Supreme Court Updates and Automatic Liens,” Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, August 2008