Businesses face issues that do not exist within the rigid legal silos present in most law firms. Rather, those issues are almost certain to require a collaborative approach across two or more legal disciplines. But the current law firm model and rate structure restrict and make financially infeasible the ability to deliver that approach effectively to business clients. Recognizing this systemic inefficiency, Nate Orr created a model where he serves as fractional general counsel for his clients, managing their legal matters across all the firm’s practice areas.
Nate’s goal is to connect clients with the very best attorneys available, no matter their business needs. He quarterbacks the relationship, providing clients with a single contact through which to direct all concerns and questions. Whether they have in-house general counsel or not, Nate’s platform enables clients to confidently receive unparalleled quality, efficiency, and responsiveness. Nate wants people to call him, knowing they will end up in the hands of the very best person to handle their issue — whether that is him or someone else.
In managing his clients’ relationships with the firm, Nate takes advantage of more than 20 years of litigating and negotiating commercial, real estate, financial, and employment claims / agreements. He uses lessons learned from his litigation experience to counsel dozens of businesses and financial institutions, providing strategy to restructure credits, protect assets, maintain regulatory compliance, avoid costly litigation, and create new business relationships. This approach allows Nate to bring pragmatic business acumen to legal analysis, resulting in an exceptional client experience.
Recognizing that business consumers today view capable legal representation as the bare minimum of what is acceptable from an increasingly fungible legal market, Nate focuses on forming a truly collaborative relationship with his clients. Clients want a strategic partner who focuses not only on winning the day’s legal issue, but also on the long term growth of their overall business. Nate’s leadership roles in the community allow him to make valuable connections and introductions for his clients, enabling them to find new and innovative ways to grow their businesses.
- Saint Louis University School of Law
- University of Kansas
- Kansas, 2001
- Missouri, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Best Lawyers in America, 2024
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2012-2021
- Ingram’s Magazine, 40 Under Forty Award
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, 40 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, Centurions Leadership Program
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Young Lawyer of the Year Award, 2005
- Read Client Kudos from Nate’s client Enterprise Bank
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA), Former President
- Kansas City’s Downtown Council, Former Chairman
- Salvation Army Board for Western Missouri and Kansas, Former Chairman