Businesses face issues that do not exist within the rigid legal silos present in most law firms. Rather, those issues are almost certain to require a collaborative approach across two or more legal disciplines. But the current law firm model and rate structure restrict and make financially infeasible the ability to deliver that approach effectively to business clients.
Recognizing this systemic inefficiency, Nate Orr created a model where he serves as fractional general counsel for his clients, managing their legal matters across all the firm’s practice areas. His goal is to connect clients with the very best attorneys available, no matter their business needs. Nate quarterbacks the relationship, providing clients with a single contact through which to direct all concerns and questions. Whether they have in-house general counsel or not, Nate’s platform enables clients to confidently receive unparalleled quality, efficiency and responsiveness. Nate wants people to call him, knowing they will end up in the hands of the very best person to handle their issue — whether that is him or someone else.
In managing his clients’ relationships with the firm, Nate takes advantage of more than 20 years of litigating and negotiating commercial, real estate, financial and employment claims/agreements. He uses lessons learned from his litigation experience to counsel dozens of businesses and financial institutions, providing strategy to restructure credits, protect assets, maintain regulatory compliance, avoid costly litigation and create new business relationships. This approach allows Nate to bring pragmatic business acumen to legal analysis, resulting in an exceptional client experience.
Recognizing that business consumers today view capable legal representation as the bare minimum of what is acceptable from an increasingly fungible legal market, Nate focuses on forming a truly collaborative relationship with his clients. Clients want a strategic partner who focuses not only on winning the day’s legal issue, but also on the long term growth of their overall business. Nate’s leadership roles in the community allow him to make valuable connections and introductions for his clients, enabling them to find new and innovative ways to grow their businesses.
While Nate has a well-known passion for Kansas City and unmatched commitment to his clients, his strongest devotion is to Stephanie and their family.
- “The First Thing We Do, Let’s Kill All The Lawyers.” Ingram’s Magazine, April 2016.
- “Newsmaker: For Orr, the law lets him be part of ‘the fabric of things’” Kansas City Business Journal, May 2019.
- Past President, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA)
- Past Chairman of Kansas City’s Downtown Council
- Past Chairman of the Salvation Army Board for Western Missouri and Kansas
Spencer Fane Leadership
- Chairman of the Spencer Fane Charitable Contributions Committee
- Business Development Committee
- Past Chairman of Hiring Committee
- Super Lawyers, Missouri and Kansas, 2012-2021
- Ingram’s Magazine’s 40 Under Forty Award
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly Magazine’s 40 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce’s Centurions Leadership Program
- KCMBA’s 2005 Young Lawyer of the Year Award
- Received his law degree, cum laude, from St. Louis University School of Law, where he served as a Faculty Fellow and was a member of the Alpha Sigma Nu National Jesuit Honor Society.
- Received his bachelor’s degree, with honors, from the University of Kansas.
- Read Client Kudos from Nate’s client Enterprise Bank
Contact Nate Orr at 816.292.8872 or email@example.com.