Heather Morris is a member of the firm’s Banking and Financial Services group. She concentrates her practice in the areas of transactional and regulatory banking matters, including mergers and acquisitions, commercial lending, workouts, bankruptcy, and corporate trust.
She is regularly involved with various types of financing transactions, including accounts receivable and inventory, construction, equipment, agriculture, tax credit, startups, mergers and acquisitions, and syndications. In addition, she counsels lenders and corporate trustees with respect to defaulted financing transactions. Heather also advises clients with respect to their dealings with the Federal Reserve, OCC, FDIC, and state regulators regarding applications and examinations, affiliate transactions, and regulatory enforcement actions and compliance issues.
Heather received her law degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, where she served as Lead Note and Comment Editor of the UMKC Law Review and was a member of The Urban Lawyer. During law school, Heather was a Second Century Scholar and a Kansas City Estate Planning Symposium Prize Recipient. Heather received bachelor’s degrees in Accounting and Business Administration, summa cum laude, from Truman State University.
- University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law, 2010 (J.D.), summa cum laude
- Truman State University (B.A., B.S.), summa cum laude
- Kansas, 2011
- Missouri, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Missouri Lawyers Media, Up & Coming Award, 2023
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2015-2019
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce