Jeremy Rucker leads businesses through the evolving and complex landscape of data privacy, security, and incident response. Jeremy regularly counsels clients in all industries on the emerging federal, state, and international data laws and regulations, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA); the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (CPRA); the Colorado Privacy Act (CPA); the Connecticut Data Privacy Act (CTDPA); the Utah Consumer Privacy Act (UCPA); the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA); and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Jeremy also serves as a breach coach to guide organizations of all backgrounds through national data breach notification processes and resultant regulator investigations.
Jeremy is a frequent speaker on data privacy and cybersecurity matters, and is certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals as a Privacy Law Specialist. Additionally, Jeremy holds double certifications as a Certified Information Privacy Professional for United States law (CIPP/US) and European law (CIPP/E); and a certification as a Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM – IAPP).
Highlights of Jeremy’s experience include:
- Assisted dozens of companies in post-breach remediation efforts.
- Assisted medical practice in obtaining a successful outcome in OCR investigation following data breach.
- Represented company in the purchase of assets of medical spa.
Presentations and Publications
- “Twists and Turns: Cybersecurity and Privacy Update,” Spencer Fane WorkSmarts Seminar
- “Protecting Privilege? The Evolving Role of Attorney-Client Privilege in Cybersecurity Incidents and Responses,” Essential Cybersecurity Law, UT Law CLE
- “Cyber Attack: How to Protect Your Center,” Tri-State Cancer Summit, Association of Community Cancer Centers
- “Cybersecurity,” State Bar of Texas Advanced Civil Trial (Houston), TexasBarCLE
- “Privileges: Understanding the Applicability in Cybersecurity Cases,” Texas Bar Journal, October 2018
- “The Legal Perspective of a Data Breach,” ISACA North Texas Chapter
- “Cybersecurity,” State Bar of Texas Advanced Civil Trial (San Antonio), TexasBarCLE
- “So You’ve Had a Breach. Now What?,” Risky Business, ISSA Fort Worth
- “Cybersecurity Law Update,” (with Shawn Tuma), Collin County Bench Bar Conference
- “Planning for a Cyber Breach,” DALL’s 2018 Spring Institute, Dallas Association of Law Librarians
- “What Every Lawyer Needs to Know About Cybersecurity,” Plano Bar Association, PBA CLE
- “Cybersecurity Overview,” Civil Litigation/Appellate Section, Collin County Bar Association CLE
- “Cybersecurity for Solos and Small Firms,” Solo/Small Firm Section, Collin County Bar Association CLE
- “I’ve Been Hacked: What Do I Do Now?” Essentials of Business Law: Protecting Your Business, TexasBarCLE
- “Transactional Practice of Law,” Business Law Panel, Texas A&M Business Law Society
- Dallas Bar Association
- Collin County Bar Association
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2022-2023
Contact Jeremy Rucker at 214.459.5880 or email@example.com.