Internet Technology / Software
Mastering quickly multiplying complexity.
The field of internet law is both technically complex and growing at the pace of Moore’s Law – the maxim that the number of transistors in an integrated circuit doubles about every two years. Spencer Fane Internet Technology and Software lawyers are quick learners and inspiring teachers – keeping clients on the cutting edge of the laws and regulations governing internet technologies.
Passionate about technology, the law, and moving internet and software businesses forward
With deep knowledge of both internet law and the technologies driving it, members of our team address the full range of legal issues that affect companies with an online presence.
Spencer Fane Internet Technology and Software lawyers advise on:
- Patents, trademarks, and copyrights
- Licensing agreements
- Merger and acquisitions
- Telecommunication agreements
- Data sharing agreements
- Software development agreements
- “Smart grid” utility agreements
- Software as a Service (SaaS) agreements
- Service level agreements
- Security breaches
- Cyber squatting
- Trademark infringement through the misuse of metatags, deep linking, and framing
- Website audits
- Terms and conditions policies
- Privacy policies
- Regulatory compliance
- Domain disputes, including actions under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy provided by ICANN
- Take-down notices, including preparing and responding to under the DMCA