Paul assists companies with environmental and workplace safety legal challenges. He frequently interacts with the EPA, OSHA, and state environmental quality and workplace safety agencies. In the environmental context, Paul helps companies comply with federal and state requirements for all environmental media, defends against agency enforcement efforts, works on a variety of environmental and toxic tort litigation, and provides guidance about long-term site cleanup projects. Paul helps companies with immediate and long-term responses to environmental disasters, including matters that implicate Risk Management Plan and Process Safety Management requirements. Paul also helps clients ensure compliance and respond to challenges associated with California Proposition 65 product labeling requirements.
In the workplace safety context, Paul provides compliance assistance, enforcement defense, and litigation for a wide range of topics, including complex industrial hygiene matters, fatality-response, fall protection, electrical protection, and more.
Paul is on the Board of Directors of the Midwest Section of the Air & Waste Management Association. While at the University of Missouri School of Law, Paul served as managing editor of the Missouri Law Review.
- Presenter, Real Estate Environmental Considerations CLE, Plaza Lights Institute, Kansas Bar Association (December 17, 2021)
- Presenter, Working with Environmental Regulations, Air & Waste Management Association, Midwest Section, 2020 Young Professionals Conference (October 2020)
- Presenter, Regulatory Review and Forecast, Air & Waste Management Association, Midwest Section, Annual Conference (October 2019)
- Presenter, Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule, Air & Waste Management Association, Midwest Section, Annual Technical Conference (February 2017)
- Graduated magna cum laude and as a member of the Order of the Coif from the University of Missouri School of Law.
Contact Paul Jacobson at 816.292.8314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.