Paul helps businesses manage their environmental and workplace safety legal challenges. He frequently interacts with the EPA, OSHA, and state environmental quality and workplace safety agencies. In the environmental context, Paul helps companies comply with federal and state requirements for all environmental media, navigates site remediation challenges, defends against agency enforcement efforts, and works on a variety of environmental and toxic tort litigation. Paul helps companies with immediate and long-term responses to environmental disasters, including matters that implicate Risk Management Plan requirements. Paul also helps clients ensure compliance and respond to challenges associated with California Proposition 65 product labeling requirements.
In the workplace safety context, Paul assists clients with all stages of OSHA inspections and enforcement, including OSH Review Commission litigation. Paul aims to manage enforcement response in a way that protects company interests but does not monopolize the time of company leadership or human resources. Paul has experience defending inspections involving a wide range of OSHA standards, including Process Safety Management, Permissible Exposure Limits, hazard communication, electrical protection, robotics guarding, and more.
Paul strives for effective, clear communication, and to be a good listener to his clients, on all matters.
Paul is on the Board of Directors of the Midwest Section of the Air & Waste Management Association. While at the University of Missouri School of Law, Paul served as managing editor of the Missouri Law Review.
- Presenter, Intro to Environmental Law, University of Missouri Business School Class, October 2022
- Co-Presenter, EH&S Compliance During COVID-19, AWMA Midwest Monthly Meeting, September 2022
- Presenter, Will You Take OSHA Citations for $10,000? – Top 10 OSHA Developments of 2022, Spencer Fane WorkSmarts Seminar, September 2022
- Presenter, Real Estate Environmental Considerations CLE, Plaza Lights Institute, Kansas Bar Association, December 2021
- Presenter, Working with Environmental Regulations, Air & Waste Management Association, Midwest Section, 2020 Young Professionals Conference, October 2020
- Presenter, Regulatory Review and Forecast, Air & Waste Management Association, Midwest Section, Annual Conference, October 2019
- Presenter, Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule, Air & Waste Management Association, Midwest Section, Annual Technical Conference, February 2017
- Graduated magna cum laude and as a member of the Order of the Coif from the University of Missouri School of Law.
Contact Paul Jacobson at 816.292.8314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.