Aligning public and private sector interests to achieve success for both.
Whether you are company facing burdensome government regulations or a public entity interested in public / private partnerships, the Spencer Fane Government Affairs team can advance your interests through smart and spirited advocacy. We bring private sector clients together with public sector policy makers and decision makers – to find shared purpose and meaningful results.
Providing strategic solutions to a wide range of issues at state and local levels
Successful interactions with government officials require both solid knowledge of public policy and trusting relationships. We deliver optimal results for clients because we have deep experience with the issues as well as the individuals handling them.
Members of our team have served in government and the private sector, giving us a broad range of experience working with policy makers including governors and their department directors, attorneys general, leaders in state legislatures, county executives and commissioners, mayors, and city councils.
Having been on both sides of the negotiating table, members of the Spencer Fane Government Affairs team know how to bring the needs of clients to the attention of policy makers and how to ask for policies, or changes to policies, so that policy makers can say “yes.”
Our team uses a cross-disciplinary approach, utilizing the technical and subject matter knowledge of lawyers and policy leaders in a variety of areas, because the path to success can require carefully coordinated efforts in different forums.
Our lawyers and lobbyists listen and formulate strategic and practical solutions to the complex issues facing our clients, including fostering collaboration among multiple stakeholders.
We provide comprehensive governmental affairs representation, advising on:
- Creation of regulatory frameworks, from development to execution.
- Government contracts, from construction of an RFP and bid process through contract closeout.
- Economic development projects and the use of public incentives.
- Public infrastructure projects
- Construction projects
- Wholesale electric power purchases
- Public utility matters, including policy making, ratemaking, regulation, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Health care regulatory matters, including policy making, regulation, and licensing for hospitals, doctors, and nurses.
- Tax policy, including formulation and enforcement of effective tax policies.
- Allegations of violation of the False Claims Act and other federal statutes relating to government procurement and claims.
We advise clients in a range of industries, and we understand the wide variety of government regulations they face. With this knowledge, a passion for solving problems creatively, and strong working relationships with decision makers, we find solutions to even the most vexing problems facing clients.