Joe Bednar, a registered lobbyist, applies the experience he gained as a member of management in the public and private sectors to assist clients in governmental relations matters. His communication skills and experience in developing government strategies were developed by providing advice to corporate executives and key government officials early in his career. This background provides a unique perspective when analyzing the impact of federal, state and local laws, and regulations on businesses.
In representing the firm’s clients, he works frequently with the Governor and Governor’s staff, members of the Governor’s cabinet, as well as the Attorney General, Speaker of the House, and President Pro tem of the Senate.
Prior to attending law school, Joe served as District Manager, College Recruiter, and National Sales Trainer for the Coca-Cola Company’s Foods Division.
Upon graduating from law school, he went to work as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, and then Chief Trial Assistant, Chief Assistant and finally Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for the second largest Prosecuting Attorney’s Office in the state of Missouri. Following his service as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney and a short stint as an Attorney in private practice, he served almost seven years as Chief Legal Counsel to the late Governor Melvin Carnahan and Governor Roger B. Wilson, and served as Special Counsel to former Governor Robert Lee Holden.
- University of Missouri – Columbia
- University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law, 1986
- Missouri, 1986
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Jefferson City Chamber of Commerce
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Peer Review Rated
- Best Lawyers in America, 2005-2024
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Criminal Defense: General Practice, 2017, 2022
- The Missouri Bar
- American Bar Association
- Cole County Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Court Automation Committee (appointed by Chief Justice Limbaugh)