Vincent Aiello helps business owners solve legal problems to secure revenue flow and reduce business risks. As a lawyer and business owner he has firsthand experience handling complex commercial litigation and transactional matters for his clients. His client base spans a broad spectrum of businesses including household-name consumer brands, banks, construction companies, and family ventures. As legal counsel he advises personal family foundations on managing and protecting their wealth. While each of his clients may take on a unique shape or size, they all face complex legal and business challenges, which is precisely where Vincent has focused his commercial legal practice.
He frequently advises individuals and businesses on complex commercial, bankruptcy, fiduciary, and trust litigation. Vincent regularly serves clients on commercial transactions for private and public companies, business and land development acquisitions. He translates complex land banking and commercial financing deals for his clients to secure their interests. He has served as lender and developer counsel for the acquisition and development of commercial real estate projects, including office complexes, timeshare projects, hotels, and multifamily residential acquisitions. He has also defended and prosecuted civil actions against asset protection trusts as well as probate proceedings.
Raised in a family business and having owned and operated a multi-million dollar construction company, Vincent has also developed a keen ability to see problems from a business’ owners perspective. This owner side perspective shapes his ability to quickly realize cost effective solutions for his clients.
Prior to entering private practice, Vincent served as general counsel for multiple real estate development companies, and he has the additional experience of working in-house with computer software and development firms.
- New England School of Law, 2000 (J.D.)
- University of Colorado, 1995 (B.A.)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Tax Court
- Successfully defended a software company from $20 million suit for stock ownership litigation.
- Secured numerous injunctions to bar asset sales and halt lockout actions by corporate boards.
- Conducted a jury trial defending against breach of contract claims filed against real estate developer clients.
- Handled numerous Chapter 11 adversarial and contested proceedings.
- Defended and prosecuted civil actions against asset protection trusts.
- Successfully negotiated and closed purchase and sale agreements as well as financing documents for land assemblages and commercial shopping center development projects.
- Represented creditors in multiple Chapter 11 proceedings to recover real estate assets.
- Handled the purchase and sale of multiple businesses ranging in value from $5-$500 million.
- Successfully closed a $60 million off-balance sheet land banking transaction for national developer client.
- Conducted a trial to repossess and secure turnover order for multimillion-dollar regional territory for a national franchise group.
- Successfully negotiated and closed a $190 million construction and development financing transaction for hotel and timeshare developer.
- Successfully handled a $50 million individual chapter 11 proceeding to force sale of assets.
- Secured a dismissal of involuntary bankruptcy petition filed against factoring client by creditors.
- Prosecuted and defended numerous contested and adversarial bankruptcy proceedings.
- Resolved numerous business partnership disputes and dissolutions matters for clients.
- Established and defended trusts and private foundations.
- Real Vegas Magazine, Las Vegas Top Lawyers, 2019
- MYVEGAS, Top 100 Lawyers of the Year, 2018
- “Using Trusts to Hold and Sell Qualified Small Business Stock,” Practical Guidance, February 2023
- “Asset Protection in an Era of Enforcement,” Health Care Compliance Association, December 14, 2022
- “Use IRS Code Section 1202 to Sell Your Multimillion-Dollar Startup Tax-Free,” Tech Crunch, November 10, 2022
- “Preserving and Protecting Assets In Healthcare,” First Healthcare Compliance, October 13, 2022
- “Private Company Exit Strategies,” August 2022
- “Using a Nevada Incomplete Grantor Trust as Part of a Business Exit Strategy,” Advisor Perspectives, March 29, 2022
- “Family Trust Companies,” Advisor Perspectives, March 7, 2022