Patrice Douglas counsels banks, energy companies and utilities on legal, regulatory, and compliance matters. She helps clients navigate the complex regulatory issues they face in today’s economy so they can close transactions efficiently and move forward to realize their goals.
Patrice has extensive experience in both community banking and energy. She served as President of SpiritBank, and Executive Vice President of First Fidelity Bank. In both roles, Patrice focused on commercial transactions. She serves on the board of BankSNB, sitting on both the audit committee and the credit committee.
As a former corporation commissioner, she gained expertise in the industries of energy, public utilities, and telecommunications because the Oklahoma Corporation Commission is the chief regulatory body for these industries. Currently, she serves as a member of the board of directors for Midstates Petroleum, chairing the nominating and governance committee. In addition, Patrice has faced the challenges of business owners first-hand during her five years at ACP Sheet Metal Company, her family’s business, where she served as its vice president and general counsel.
As a two-term mayor of Edmond, Oklahoma, Patrice led the effort to build a new public safety center, created the Small Business Task Force, and helped create the Mayor’s Council on Economic Development. In 2011, Governor Mary Fallin appointed Patrice to the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, where she served until 2015.
- University of Oklahoma, 1987 (J.D.)
- Oklahoma Christian University, 1983 (B.S.)
- Oklahoma, 1987
- Testified on behalf of Oklahoma cities and the oil and gas industry before the congressional subcommittee on the U.S. House of Representatives’ Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
- Served as the chairman of the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, the elected body charged with regulating the oil and gas industry, the public utility industry, telecommunications, pipeline safety, and trucking.
- Served as an attorney for both high courts in Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Supreme Court and the Court of Criminal Appeals.
- Edmond, Oklahoma, Mayor, 2009-2013
- Oklahoma Corporation Commission, 2011-2015
- Oklahoma Bankers Association, Board of Directors
- Oklahoma Municipal League, Board of Directors, Task Force on Government Efficiencies
- Kate Barnard Award for Outstanding Public Service in Oklahoma, 2011
- The Journal Record, Woman of the Year, Three-Time Finalist
- Oklahoma Christian University, Distinguished Alumni for the College of Business
- Energy Visionary Policy Leadership Award, 2013
- SALLT Leadership Class, 2012-2013
- Leadership Oklahoma, Class XVII
- Leadership Oklahoma City, Class XIX
- Edmond Chamber of Commerce, Former Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Oklahoma Partnership for School Readiness, Former Chairman
- Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation, Former Member
- Oklahoma Independent Petroleum Association
- Oklahoma Association of General Contractors
- Edmond Economic Development Authority, Former Chairman
- University of Central Oklahoma, Board of Advisors
- Arvest Bank’s Community Board of Directors, Former Member