Michael Bondi takes a pragmatic approach to protecting a client’s intellectual property, looking at whether potential benefits outweigh costs with his deep analysis enhancing trust in the business relationship.
With extensive trademark and patent management experience across a broad range of industries, Michael provides value not only by reviewing the uniqueness of an invention or a trademark but understanding and defining the potential benefit to the client’s overall business goals and objectives. He focuses his private practice on the preparation and prosecution of U.S. and foreign patent and trademark applications to maximize both the short- and long-term value of his clients’ products that are sourced overseas for sale through big-box retailers, leveraging his international experience through strong relationships with law firms in countries including China, Hong Kong, Israel, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom, among others.
Michael seamlessly balances the ability to work with those large companies that have complex multinational trademark and patent portfolios with proven ability to assist smaller companies and individuals in the early stages of trademarks and patent applications. Specifically, he brings notable experience in patents with medical devices, plastic formulation and processing, food processing and packaging, agricultural fertilizers and feed, laser processing devices, and sporting equipment.
Additionally, Michael advises both U.S.-based and international clients on internet-related issues, including the registration and transfer of domain names and resolution of domain name ownership disputes.
- University of Illinois - Chicago John Marshall Law School (J.D.)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (B.S.)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Michael regularly assists organizations and individuals in registered trademarks and obtaining patents on a pro bono basis.
- International Trademark Association, Brands and Innovation Committee
- “Data and AI Tools for the Trademark Practitioner,” International Trademark Association 2020 Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting, November 20, 2020
- “Boxes, Bags, and Brads: Post Finds MOM a Bargain Buy,” LinkedIn Pulse, January 29, 2015
- “Shrimp Farming in Minnesota: Licensing IP from Research Institutions,” LinkedIn Pulse, January 26, 2015