Buying and selling businesses in Mexico, Canada, and beyond.
Clients of Spencer Fane engage in transactions throughout the world, with members of our International team guiding them each step of the way. We have advised on legal matters for businesses in Africa, Asia, Canada, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East.
Addressing the cross-border legal needs of companies of all sizes
From consulting with an international nuclear company to quickly getting an Italian manufacturer set up for business in Arizona to handling mergers and acquisitions for companies throughout the world, our team addresses the full range of legal needs of companies operating internationally.
Our International team advises on:
- Market entry strategy
- Foreign direct investment
- Cross-border transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, asset restructures, joint ventures, and strategic alliances
- Corporate finance, including equity and debt offerings and letters of credit
- Regulatory compliance for international operations
- Dispute resolution, including litigation, arbitration, and mediation
- Customs and international trade
- Intellectual property matters, including patents, trademarks, and licensing agreements
- International distribution
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
One of our team members trained at law schools in both the U.S. and Mexico and has provided legal advice to Mexican government officials in addition to his work for business clients. Another team member – after living and working in Central America for more than 10 years – reads, writes, speaks, and negotiates in Spanish.
Also, as a member of the TAGLaw network of law firms, we have personal relationships with excellent firms with local lawyers in virtually every industrialized country in the world.