Jason Cross is an experienced litigator who represents individuals and companies in complex business disputes all over the world and in all stages of the dispute resolution process. For more than 15 years, Jason has effectively advocated for clients in front of state and federal courts in Texas and throughout the U.S., and for clients involved in cross-border disputes, he has effectively advocated in international arbitrations under the body of rules of some of the world’s leading arbitral institutions, including the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), and Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC).
Though trained as a trial lawyer, Jason counsels clients on all facets of domestic and international business and in a wide range of business disputes. Examples of Jason’s experience in recent years include counseling and representing clients in matters involving breach of contract, fraud and other business torts, temporary and permanent injunctive relief, energy-related disputes, product liability, franchisor / franchisee disputes, deceptive trade practices, non-competition, and theft and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, 2004 (J.D.), magna cum laude
- University of Missouri – Columbia, 2001 (B.A.), cum laude
- Texas, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Successfully prosecuted breach of contract claims in an international arbitration proceeding under the Rules of the LCIA.
- Successfully prosecuted specific performance of contract claims in an international arbitration proceeding under the Rules of the SCC.
- Represented one of the world’s largest retail corporations in an international arbitration under the Rules of the ICC.
- Obtained a dismissal with prejudice in Texas federal court for one of the leading worldwide manufacturers and providers of health care equipment and medical technology systems in a case in which the plaintiff alleged various product liability theories.
- Successfully obtained injunctive relief in Texas state court for an energy equipment supplier in connection with a purchase price dispute.
- Advised one of the largest private oil and gas exploration and production companies in the U.S. as part of its acquisition by an investor group.
- Represented one of the world’s largest beverage bottlers in Texas federal court in a case in which client alleged fraud and fraudulent inducement in connection with its acquisition of another bottler.
- Represented one of the world’s largest quick-service restaurant companies in various franchisee-related disputes.
- Represented an iPhone app developer in Texas state court in which client claimed theft and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Texas Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2020-present
- Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2013-2015, 2018-2019