Theresa has practiced business, real estate, and construction counseling and litigation for more than 25 years. She specializes in conventional and affordable housing counseling, administrative actions, and litigation, as well as in commercial construction counseling and litigation, complex business litigation, including consumer class action defense, issues arising from claims of unfair competition, unfair business practices, interference with contract and other business torts, and breach of fiduciary duty.
In addition, Theresa also served as a pro bono volunteer attorney for the Public Law Center of Orange County for more than a decade representing family law litigants in dissolution, separation, paternity, and related matters, and continues that family law practice today in addition to her other practice areas.
Theresa has extensive experience in both state and federal courts throughout the western U.S., including California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, and Hawaii. She has dealt with all aspects of litigation from inception through appeal.
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 1999 (J.D.)
- University of California, Los Angeles, 1995 (B.A.)
- All California State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Project Angel Food
- Operation Gratitude
- UCLA Latino Alumni Association, Scholarship Committee, Chair
- Los Angeles County Bar, Judicial Appointments Committee