As a patent attorney and professional engineer, Michael E. Broms offers clients unique experience in all facets of intellectual property law. Protecting his clients’ intellectual assets is his top priority as he procures and enforces patents, trademarks, and copyrights domestically and abroad.
Mike represents clients in numerous business areas, from financial services to craft brewing to 3D printing. Mike has drafted and prosecuted patent applications for mechanical equipment, medical devices, weapon systems, manufacturing methods, and many other types of inventions.
Before entering law, Mike worked as a senior process-mechanical engineer and project manager with a national engineering firm. His clients benefit from his engineering and business perspective, especially in intellectual property issues involving technology.
- University of New Hampshire, Franklin Pierce School of Law, 2009 (J.D.)
- University of Illinois, 1997 (B.S.)
- Colorado, 2009
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Mike’s understanding of his client’s technology and business objectives has helped his clients build and maintain strong IP portfolios.
- Defended local craft brewery against claims of trademark infringement brought by large, international producer of wine and spirits.
- Successfully enforced federal trademark rights of national retailer against numerous infringers without the need of litigation.
- American Bar Association, IP Section
- Colorado IP American Inn of Court
- Colorado Bar Association, IP Section