Jonathan Farmer obtains the best results possible for clients through zealous advocacy and creative, thoughtful solutions, allowing them to navigate potentially damaging situations through risk mitigation, litigation, and alternative dispute resolution. He concentrates his practice in the areas of criminal defense and government investigations, personal injury, wrongful death, and civil litigation.
Immediately after graduating from law school, Jonathan served as an assistant Metropolitan Nashville public defender for three years before entering private practice.
Jonathan, a native Nashvillian, is married with two children. He remains active in civic and community activities, including volunteering at Hands On Nashville, Room In The Inn, and the Nashville Food Project. He is also an avid triathlete, having completed multiple Ironman triathlons.
Highlights of Jonathan’s experience include:
- Represented clients in multiple complex federal white-collar cases, including public corruption matters, fraud cases, drug-related offenses, and a variety of other federal felonies and misdemeanors.
- Defended clients in a wide array of state court felony and misdemeanor cases, including DUI and driving-related offenses, drug offenses, theft and fraud offenses, assaults, probation violations, homicide, and a variety of other matters.
- Represented clients who were the subject of federal and state government investigations.
Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Obtained favorable verdicts and settlements for plaintiffs in personal injury cases, including negligence claims, premises liability claims, automobile accidents, catastrophic injury claims, and other related matters.
Civil Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Successfully represented clients in all manner of business disputes, achieving the desired results at a reasonable cost.
- Represented clients in class cases, derivative matters, and shareholder litigation in both federal and state court.
- Woodmont Christian Church, Board Member
- Dismas House of Nashville, Board Member
- Volunteer Tennessee, Board Member
- Vanderbilt Law School – regular Guest Lecturer
- Harry Phillips Chapter of the American Inn of Court, Member
- Hands On Nashville, Volunteer
- Room In The Inn, Volunteer
- Nashville Food Project, Volunteer
- American Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Middle District of Tennessee Criminal Justice Act Panel
- Nashville Bar Fellow
- Local Rules Committee for United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, Member
- Committee to Appoint the Federal Defender for the Middle District of Tennessee, Member
- Best Lawyers in America, 2022-2023
- Super Lawyers, Mid-South, 2020-2021
Contact Jonathan Farmer at 615.238.6309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.