Jonathan Farmer obtains the best results possible for clients through zealous advocacy and creative, thoughtful solutions, allowing them to navigate potentially damaging situations through risk mitigation, litigation, and alternative dispute resolution. He concentrates his practice in the areas of criminal defense and government investigations, personal injury, wrongful death, and civil litigation.
Immediately after graduating from law school, Jonathan served as an assistant Metropolitan Nashville public defender for three years before entering private practice.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, 2000 (J.D.)
- University of Tennessee, 1996 (B.A.)
- Tennessee, 2000
- Represented clients in multiple complex federal white-collar cases, including public corruption matters, fraud cases, drug-related offenses, and a variety of other federal felonies and misdemeanors.
- Defended clients in a wide array of state court felony and misdemeanor cases, including DUI and driving-related offenses, drug offenses, theft and fraud offenses, assaults, probation violations, homicide, and a variety of other matters.
- Represented clients who were the subject of federal and state government investigations.
Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Obtained favorable verdicts and settlements for plaintiffs in personal injury cases, including negligence claims, premises liability claims, automobile accidents, catastrophic injury claims, and other related matters.
Civil Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Successfully represented clients in all manner of business disputes, achieving the desired results at a reasonable cost.
- Represented clients in class cases, derivative matters, and shareholder litigation in both federal and state court.
- Woodmont Christian Church, Board Member
- Dismas House of Nashville, Board Member
- Volunteer Tennessee, Board Member
- Vanderbilt Law School, Adjunct Faculty Member
- Harry Phillips Chapter of the American Inn of Court, Member
- Hands On Nashville, Volunteer
- Room In The Inn, Volunteer
- Nashville Food Project, Volunteer
- Nashville Bar Fellow
- Local Rules Committee for U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, Member
- Committee to Appoint the Federal Defender for the Middle District of Tennessee, Member
- Best Lawyers in America, 2022-2024
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2020-2021
- American Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Middle District of Tennessee, Criminal Justice Act Panel