- Represented agribusiness client in the transfer and modification of state water rights and land application permits to support increase in water extraction, change in water use and expansion of water discharge through land application.
- Successfully defended industrial facility in administrative hearing challenge to industrial wastewater and storm water discharge permit.
- Managed nationwide compliance disclosure filings pursuant to state and local environmental permits for industrial client, coordinating more than 100 filings annually.Obtained summary judgment for client barring contribution claims following a de minimis settlement with the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Defended utility Clean Air Act construction permit from challenge by Sierra Club through administrative hearing, and represented numerous industrial sources in response to challenges to Part 70 Permits.
- Advise clients on evolving requirements applicable to management of coal combustion residuals and worked with industrial and waste management clients to prepare comments to state draft rules.
- Negotiated industrial water discharge permits with state and federal agencies as well as local wastewater treatment authorities, including incorporation of compliance schedules, variances and toxicity compliance demonstrations.
- Negotiated allocation of environmental liabilities and water rights to support transfer of defense property to private operator.
- Supporting clients in management of water rights including transfer, modification and division of water rights administered by the Kansas Department of Agriculture.
- Represented builders and developers in resolution of storm water enforcement.
- Negotiated settlements including supplemental environmental projects to resolve enforcement of a wide variety of environmental claims including TSCA, FIFRA, RCRA and EPCRA.