Jessica Nelson represents clients in high-stakes business and employment litigation. She has extensive experience in complex multi-party cases and class actions in the areas of mortgage-backed securities, ERISA, antitrust, breach of contract, indemnification, fraud, and commercial disputes. Jessica also defends clients in a wide range of employment and employee benefits matters, including discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, wage and hour, and ERISA breach of fiduciary duty claims.
She has appeared before state and federal district and appellate courts, the American Arbitration Association, and various state and federal agencies.
Jessica spent two years as a law clerk in the chambers of the Honorable James M. Rosenbaum, then Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Highlights of Jessica’s experience include:
- Represented client in more than 100 cases stemming from the mortgage crisis. Recovered over $1.3 billion in settlements and secured $90 million in judgments following trials.
- Defending pharmacy benefit manager in putative class-action lawsuits alleging violations of ERISA and RICO. Defeated class certification.
- Representing pork and beef producers in multiple consolidated lawsuits, putative class actions, and multi-district litigation alleging antitrust violations.
To view additional experience, please click here.
Presentations and Publications
- Presenter, Employment Law Day, Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, 2014-2018
- “Red Flags for Trustees: Detecting Weak Points In Your Fiduciary Armor,” 2014 Benefits Magazine, June Edition
- FMLA Master Class, Family Military Leave, May 2013
- “Becoming the Integrated Lawyer: Practical Tips on How To Find Joy and Purpose in Your Work,” University of St. Thomas School of Law, 2012
- Paramount Seminar, Employment Law Update, Minneapolis, 2010
- Saint Paul’s Outreach, Secretary of the Board of Directors
- Liturgical Cantor, Church of St. Joseph
- Selected as an “Attorney of the Year” by the Minnesota Lawyer, 2021
- Recognized by Super Lawyers®, 2017-2019
- Recognized as Rising Star by Super Lawyers®, 2014-2015
Contact Jessica Nelson at 612.268.7006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.