James Korte’s practice focuses on all aspects of traditional labor relations and state and federal employment law. Specifically, he provides clients with strategic labor relations workforce planning and union-avoidance, labor-related litigation, National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) representation proceedings unfair labor practice charges and arbitrations. He also regularly represents employers in state and federal employment law cases involving discrimination, harassment, and wage and hour claims, among others.
With an undergraduate degree in accounting, James brings a nuanced analytical approach to evaluating labor and employment legal issues, providing clients with a range of options to address employee relations concerns and potential litigation in a manner that aligns with business goals and objectives. He also uses his past employment experience in corporate law and compliance departments at several national companies to inform his understanding of his clients’ priorities and challenges.
James completed his undergraduate studies at Northern Arizona University and earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
Highlights of James’ experience include:
- Served as co-lead associate in multiple California wage and hour class actions on behalf of a Colorado-based manufacturing conglomerate.
- Served as lead associate and obtained an early dismissal in a matter involving a wrongful termination claim for a national alcohol beverage company.
- Served as lead associate in a NLRB representation proceeding on behalf of a national grocer and retailer.
- Served as lead associate in an unfair labor practices proceeding on behalf of a North American food packaging company.
Presentations and Publications
- “Will the Real National Labor Relations Board Please Stand Up: An Employer’s Introductory Guide to the National Labor Relations Act,” Spencer Fane WorkSmarts Seminar, September 2022
- “The Employer-Friendly NLRB: Enjoy it While it Lasts,” Annual Colorado Labor & Employment Law Conference, October 15, 2020
- “Me! Me too! Me three! Navigating the Changing Waters of Workplace Harassment,” Annual Colorado Labor & Employment Law Conference, May 2019
- “The Big 5: Back to the Basics,” Annual Colorado Labor & Employment Law Conference, May 2018
Contact James Korte at 303.839.3765 or email@example.com.