Whether negotiating a venture capital financing or e-commerce agreement or overseeing regulatory compliance for an investment advisor or investment company, James Jacobson works closely with his clients to further their business goals.
During this nearly four decades of practicing business, securities and real estate law, Jacobson has represented a range of business entities, including investment advisors, investment companies, institutional venture capital firms, internet companies, medical device developers, software developers, educational institutions and manufacturers, and distributors of various products. For them, he has provided a plethora of services for all aspects of their businesses, from helping them select the best business structure to protecting their intellectual property to making sure they comply with securities regulations, and to negotiating merger or acquisition transactions.
Another important realm of Jacobson’s practice is real estate, where his practice has included property purchases and sales, construction and permanent financing issues, the establishment of common interest communities, and lease transactions.
- University of Denver, 1977 (J.D.)
- University of Michigan, 1968 (M.S.)
- Syracuse University, 1967 (B.S.E.E.), magna cum laude
- California, 2004
- Colorado, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Best Lawyers in America, 2024
- Denver Magazine, Top Lawyer, Business, 2010
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association, Business Law Section; Real Estate Section
- American Bar Association, Corporation Section; Banking Section; Business Law Section
- State Bar of California, Business Law Section