Dave Seitter simplifies complex business issues critical to his clients’ transactions and responds rapidly to provide legal counseling to dynamic business situations.
As an advisor to business owners, C-Suite executives and high net worth individuals, Dave has been viewed as a thought leader by bringing innovative approaches and actionable solutions to clients. This same agility allows Dave to effectively and efficiently respond to the wide range of surprises and disputes encountered in his clients’ businesses. Dave’s entrepreneurial slant, depth of experience and national network of specialists positions him as the go-to source for counsel – his results are both innovative and practical.
Dave has a diverse client base with clients spanning a vast business spectrum. His clients include a global, award winning technical firm; specialty contractors for major venues and projects in our largest cities; military logistical support, a prominent marketing organization and international manufacturing concerns. His clients are deeply involved in a variety of sectors including oil, construction, manufacturing, technology, retail, and distribution.
Believing that wealth strategies and protections must be balanced to get the job done, Dave champions the most valuable solutions for clients. Embracing the need for the best client experience, Dave mobilizes the resources needed including tapping into the deep bench strength of the firm’s attorneys, to deliver the assurance, value, and top-flight results his clients expect.
Subscribe to my new podcast series, Show Me The Way: How To Lead Your Business to a Successful Exit. Read my recently released book, Quiet Plans – Exciting Results: 47 Trusted Secrets to Big Business Success. Please contact me for a copy.
- University of Colorado Boulder
- Washburn University, 1979 (J.D.)
- Washburn University, 1976 (B.A.)
- Missouri, 1985
- Kansas, 1980
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Designed cradle-to-grave acquisition strategies for general and specialty businesses.
- Spearheaded the acquisition of a southwestern distribution company with 18 facilities on behalf of a locally headquartered company.
- Managed the sale of a local contractor to an international consortium.
- Assisted the exponential expansion of a regional company in the financial space into national prominence.
- Counseled and advised companies in the Middle East, Asia, and Europe doing business in the U.S.
- Led the transfer of a South American distributor’s holding rights in a local company to an American group of investors.
- Represented a “roll-up” industry consolidator in purchase of numerous diverse acquisitions throughout the U.S.
- Assisted a locally based distribution company in the acquisition of an overseas computer engineering firm.
- Advised a national business on how to monetize an untapped specialty.
- Coordinated and directed the handling of toxic tort cases filed throughout the country and assisted client with resolution.
- Created a solution for a construction company to take over a large, but failed real estate development.
- Guided multiple business owners through the handling of claims asserted by dissenting shareholders.
- American Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Kansas Bankruptcy Bar Association
- “How to Make Money in Spite of the Attorneys: A REAL Story,” BEI, Exit Planning for Advisors, November 2023
- “Quiet Plans – Exciting Results: 47 Trusted Secrets to Big Business Success,” Scriptor Publishing Group, November 2020
- “Embrace the Future Through Succession Planning,” Construction Executive, September 2016
- “The Intersection of Construction Law and Bankruptcy,” The Construction Lawyer, Journal of the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry, Winter 2010
- “Business Succession Planning for Closely Held Businesses,” FEI, 2009
- “Law Update,” CFMA, 2009
- “The Intersection of Construction and Bankruptcy,” American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry, April 2009
- “Valuation Considerations for the Established Business,” Enterprise Center of Johnson County, November 18, 2008
- Midwest Construction Conference, 2006
- “Finding The Trusted Business Advisor: The Key To Building A Successful Construction Company,” IQPC Commercial Construction Law Seminar, July 2006
- “Managing Risk Through Employee Training,” Buildings Magazine, June 2006
- “New Law Impacts Contractors: Kansas Enacts Fairness In Private Construction Act,” Midwest Contractor, June 27, 2005
- “Clauses that Haunt Contractors: Allocating Construction Risk,” CFMA, 2005
- “S Corp vs. C Corp- The final answer to this and other basic business related issues,” Teleseminar, 2005