Dane Martin assists clients ranging from individuals to large companies, serving as trusted counsel to navigate their most important legal matters and provide them with beneficial outcomes that align with business objectives.
An experienced litigator, Dane concentrates his practice on high-stakes commercial litigation and governmental disputes including class actions and multidistrict litigation, breaches of contract, business torts, employment issues, regulatory issues, corporate governance, and alternative dispute resolution. He is well-versed in all aspects of litigation and dispute resolution, serving as counsel for plaintiffs and defendants throughout the country.
Dane knows positive outcomes are a byproduct of level-headed judgment, effective communication, and hard work. His attention to detail helps clients advance their positions with a fully developed record, and his practical approach helps clients formulate sensible solutions to their disputes.
When the circumstances warrant, Dane vigorously pursues his clients’ interests at trial, telling their story in a way that is compelling and relatable.
In appellate proceedings, Dane draws on the experiences he gained as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Patricia Breckenridge of the Supreme Court of Missouri. He has handled appeals and writ proceedings in the Supreme Court of Missouri; the Supreme Court of Wisconsin; the Supreme Court of Nebraska; the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Circuits; the Missouri Court of Appeals; and the Texas Court of Appeals.
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D.), magna cum laude
- Northwest Missouri State University (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Successfully argued to the Supreme Court of Missouri regarding the time limit for bringing wrongful death cases, allowing his client to prevail in the matter.
- Served on legal team successfully obtaining a $3.5 million class action recovery from the IRS for hundreds of tax-exempt organizations.
- Helped obtain millions of dollars for clients who were sexually abused by their high school golf coach.
- Led successful jury trial for a competitive barbeque organization, serving as substitute counsel shortly before the trial commenced.
- Care to Learn, Scuola Vita Nuova
- Project Homeless Connect Kansas City
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2016-2023
- Ingram’s, 40 Under Forty, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America, 2024
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2021-2023
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, Legal Champion, 2021
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, Up & Coming, 2016
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Bar Leadership Academy, Graduate
- Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy, Graduate