Blane Markley helps clients navigate the complex and evolving legal framework of health care, so they can more efficiently and effectively deliver care and meet operational goals. His experience in this area includes the representation of hospitals, physician groups, physicians, other health care providers, Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), and other enterprises operating in the health care industry.
He focuses his practice helping health care providers with regulatory compliance, corporate governance, contracts, medical staff, and licensing matters. He also represents health care providers in transactions, hospital affiliation, hospital-physician alignment, litigation, and alternative dispute resolution.
Blane also maintains a corporate and business law practice representing companies in multiple industries with data security and breach response, mergers and acquisitions, formation and structuring, and licensing agreements.
Highlights of Blane Markley’s experience include:
- Represented medical group in the negotiation and development of integrated relationship with major health system.
- Represented governmental hospital in the development of a solution to allow for the expansion of services to additional communities.
- Represented physicians in the formation of Accountable Care Organization in a major metropolitan area.
- Represented physicians in the formation of Accountable Care Organization in a mid-size metropolitan area.
- Represented medical group in jury trial and successful defense of antitrust claims.
- Represented major health system in the acquisition of ambulatory surgical center.
- Represented hospital in medical staff fair hearing and related appeals.
- Represented physician in medical staff fair hearing and obtained recommendation in favor of client at fair hearing and appellate levels.
- “Health Care Reform: Current Issues for Providers, Employers and Individuals” – Overland Park, Kansas Rotary Club, March 2013
- “Health Care Reform: Current Issues for Providers, Employers and Individuals” – Lee’s Summit Sunrise Rotary Club, March 2013
- “Fraud and Abuse – False Claims Prevention” – American Academy of Professional Coders, August 2012
- “Drugs in the Workplace” – Bukaty Companies – Better your Business Seminar, June 2012
- “HIPAA-HITECH” – for Physician Offices
- “Drugs in the Workplace” – Greenwood County Hospital
- “Workplace Harassment” – Greenwood County Hospital
- “Fraud and Abuse,” Joplin Medical Group Managers Association, October 2010
- “Fraud and Abuse,” Greater Kansas City Medical Managers, August, 2010
- “Protection from Suit Liability,” Robb Agency Education Seminar, July 30, 2010
- “Fiduciary Issues for Board of Directors,” Kansas Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers, 2010 Annual Education Conference, April 23, 2010
- “Employment Issues in the Paperless Workplace,” August 12, 2009
- Missouri Health Information Management Association – 2011 MoHIMA Legal Manual
- American Health Law Association
- Missouri Society of Health Care Attorneys
- Kansas Association of Hospital Attorneys
- Greater Kansas City Society of Health Care Attorneys
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Avila University Board of Counselors
- Rotary International, Lee’s Summit Sunrise Club, Lee’s Summit, Missouri
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®, 2012-2017
- Selected for inclusion in Ingram’s 40 Under Forty
Contact Blane Markley at 913.327.5110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.