Beth Siemer is a pragmatic health care attorney who advises individuals and organizations navigating complex state and federal laws that govern transactions, compliance, and reimbursement. Working with various providers, payers, benefit managers, and vendors in the health care space, she offers practical tools, actionable advice, and customized solutions that allow her clients to keep the focus on innovating and providing high quality products and services.
A business-centric and solution-oriented attorney, Beth brings a unique combination of in-house and private practice experience. Prior to joining Spencer Fane, she served as senior managing counsel for a large, national, integrated health services company, where she led a legal team supporting contracting and regulatory analysis for a variety of business arrangements in mail-order and specialty pharmacy, pharmaceutical distribution, supply chain management, 340B administration, pharmacy benefit management, and insurance-integrated health care products.
Beth’s previous stint in private practice also included a focus on health care fraud and abuse laws and privacy laws. Through her work, she has developed a strong understanding of the challenges clients face in operations, allowing her to provide practical guidance on how to effectively implement compliance and reimbursement best practices and policies to achieve organizational objectives.
Beth prides herself on offering short- and long-term strategic planning, communicating the full range of legal risks, and collaborating with stakeholders to provide legal solutions to pressing issues. She also offers an informed, grounded perspective as a subject matter expert for criminal investigations and civil litigation in health care.
- Washington University School of Law (J.D.)
- Truman State University (B.S.)
- Missouri, 2009
- American Society for Pharmacy Law
- American Health Law Association
- St. Louis Area Health Lawyers Association
- Missouri Society of Health Care Attorneys
- Missouri Bar Association Health and Hospital Law Committee
- Lawyers for Good Government
- “HRSA Ending 340B Offsite Facility Registration COVID-19 Waiver,” Health Law Weekly, November 2023
- “340B Legal Update,” Kansas Hospital Association 340B Day Workshop, August 2023
- “340B Legal Update,” Missouri Hospital Association Leadership Forum, June 2023
- “Ethical Advising for Healthcare Attorneys Post Dobbs,” Missouri Bar, Health & Hospital Administration Law Fall Committee Meeting, November 2022