Elizabeth Nillen combines more than 15 years of employment law background, her recent experience as an ICU nurse, and knowledge as a health care lawyer to investigate employment claims for various health care companies. Beth also handles day-to-day legal affairs for her clients, representing them in all facets of the employment relationship in addition to their health care law-related concerns.
Beth has first-hand clinical understanding of health care through her eight years of in-hospital experience as a stroke-certified Registered Nurse. She has previously worked several units throughout the hospital system, including in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Emergency Room, and Neuro, Trauma and Orthopedics Unit. Her focus was working with patients who were suffering from neurological deficits, stroke, and catastrophic and traumatic brain injuries. During the pandemic, she worked on the front lines in the ICU treating COVID-19 patients. Beth also served on a large Arizona hospital’s ethics committee as well as recently completed two terms on the State Board of Nursing’s Scope of Practice Committee.
In 2020, Beth founded a private practice that became a unique one-stop-shop for health care facilities to resolve their healthcare and legal concerns. Through her vast experiences, Beth brings a rare combination of real world knowledge that allows her clients to achieve their legal goals in the health care industry.
- Arizona State University, 2016 (B.S.N.)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1997 (J.D.)
- Marquette University, 1994 (B.A.)
- Arizona Supreme Court
- Wisconsin Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Resolved numerous allegations of fraud and misconduct through an extensive outside investigation involving a nurse assigned to a large third-party hospital client of one of the country’s leading travel nurse companies.
- Navigated licensing and regulatory concerns on behalf of a large health care facility.
- Conducted various discrimination investigations.
- Lead negotiator in landmark tripartite boundary agreement.
- Legends FC Arizona, Vice President; Co-Founding Director
- Association of Workplace Investigators Certificate Holder (AWI-CH)
- Marquis Who’s Who in America
- Arizona Magazine, Top Employment Lawyers
- Madison Magazine, Top Lawyers
- “When Should a Health Care Organization Hire an Independent Investigator for Employment-Related Issues?” Health Law Weekly, American Health Law Association (AHLA), October 2023
- “Inside View of the Pandemic – and Tips to Nurture Employee Mental Health,” Greater Phoenix In Business Magazine, October 2022
- “We Need to Talk About it in the Workplace: Addressing Mental Health Issues at Work,” Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Arizona Chapter Meeting, 2022