Amy Mistler is a commercial real estate attorney representing developers, investors, lenders, and borrowers in all types of real estate transactions, including the acquisition, development, sale, exchange, financing, and leasing of office, retail, multi-family, and industrial properties.
She regularly counsels clients on issues related to zoning, finance, land development, appurtenant rights and the subdivision of property. Amy has broad leasing experience and works regularly with landlords and tenants on leasing projects for office, retail, restaurant and hospitality, warehouse, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Amy also represents clients in the hospitality industry, including owners, developers, managers, and lenders in a variety of hotel transactions, including acquisitions and sales, new development, management and other hospitality contracts and the financing of hotel projects.
In addition, Amy has significant experience as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, borrower’s counsel, and lender’s counsel for cities, counties, school districts, nonprofits, and others, in connection with many types of tax-exempt bond financing transactions.
- University of Illinois (J.D.), magna cum laude
- Saint Louis University (M.B.A.)
- University of Illinois (B.S.)
- Represented lender in connection with loan to a large national real estate developer secured by retail shopping centers located across the country.
- Represented hospitality company in the acquisition of hotel project, including the negotiation and documentation of the assumption of a permanent non-recourse loan with existing CMBS lender.
- Represented aerospace company in connection with a sale leaseback transaction of manufacturing and distribution facilities in multiple states.
- Represented lender in connection with $20 million loan secured by retail shopping centers located in numerous states.
- Represented purchaser in the acquisition of $10 million office building located in Clayton, Missouri.
- Represented aerospace company in connection with a $10 million sale leaseback transaction.
- Represented lender in connection with a $40 million loan secured by real estate located in Aspen, Colorado.
- Represented public company in asset acquisition and financing of manufacturing facilities located across the southeast U.S.
- Represented public pharmaceutical company in a $42 million securitized real estate loan transaction.
- Represented private company in asset acquisition and financing of multi-state mine supply retail outlets.
- Represented automobile dealer in the intra-family transfer of automobile dealership.
- Represented private company in connection with the acquisition and financing of a manufacturing company located in Montreal, Canada.
- Prepared residential, commercial, and condominium declarations of covenants, trusts and restrictions and related documentation.
- Represented borrowers and lenders in commercial real estate financing transactions.
- Drafted and negotiated commercial real estate leases for office, retail, warehouse, and manufacturing properties located across the country.
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law; Land Use and Zoning Law, 2023-2024
- St. Louis Business Journal, Most Influential Business Women, 2022
- Missouri Lawyers Media, Law Firm Leader honoree, 2021
- Midwest Real Estate News, Commercial Real Estate Hall of Fame, 2020
- St. Louis Chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women; President, 2012; President-Elect, 2011; National Delegate, 2010; Executive Board Member, 2008-2009
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- The Missouri Bar