Alison routinely handles a broad range of legal matters for owners, trainers, and breeders in the horse industry, including litigation in state and federal courts on matters including purchase and sale agreements, lease disputes, partnership matters, statutory and contractual liens, and breeding contracts, as well as administrative hearings and appeals before equine trade associations. Alison’s knowledge of legal issues commonly arising in horse industry allows her to handle matters within the industry effectively and efficiently.
Alison grew up in a farming and ranching family in Ellis County, Texas – the fifth generation of her family to have resided there. She and her husband, Rick, share a life-long love of horses, and have owned and exhibited horses most recently in the team roping, reining, and ranch horse versatility disciplines.
Legal Work Highlights:
- Successful resolution of international dispute on behalf of Qatar horse breeder involving frozen semen contract;
- Zero damages defense verdict in jury trial involving sale of barrel racing horse and award of attorney’s fees for frivolous lawsuit under Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act;
- Jury verdict for all damages requested in case involving statutory agister’s (stableman’s lien);
- Briefing before Supreme Court of Texas in Medlen v. Strickland (Tex. 2013), landmark case establishing measure of damages for loss of a pet;
- Passage of statute providing for veterinarian’s lien in Texas.
- Co-Troop Leader, Girl Scouts Troop 7096, Dallas, Texas
- Co-Troop Leader, Girl Scouts Troop 6891, Dallas, Texas
- Member, Daughters of the American Revolution, Rebecca Boyce Chapter (Ellis County)
- Member, Preston Road Church of Christ
- Juliette Low Volunteer Award – Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas
- Winner of the ABA’s best law blog award in 2011 – Equine Law Blog
Contact Alison Rowe at 214.459.5872 or email@example.com.