Alison routinely handles a broad range of legal matters for owners, trainers, and breeders in the horse industry, including litigation in state and federal courts on matters including purchase and sale agreements, lease disputes, partnership matters, statutory and contractual liens, and breeding contracts, as well as administrative hearings and appeals before equine trade associations.
Alison’s knowledge of legal issues commonly arising in horse industry allows her to handle matters within the industry effectively and efficiently. A life-long love of horses, she has owned and exhibited horses – most recently in the team roping, reining, and ranch horse versatility disciplines.
- Cornell University, 2001 (J.D.)
- Southwestern University, 1998 (B.A.), summa cum laude
- Universität Osnabrück, Osnabrück, Germany, 1997
- Sophienschule, Hannover, Germany, 1994
- Texas, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Successful resolution of an international dispute on behalf of a Qatar horse breeder involving frozen semen contract.
- Secured a zero-damages defense verdict in jury trial involving sale of barrel racing horse and award of attorney’s fees for frivolous lawsuit under Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Secured a jury verdict for all damages requested in a case involving statutory agister’s (stableman’s lien).
- Handled a briefing before Texas Supreme Court in Medlen v. Strickland (Tex. 2013), a landmark case establishing measure of damages for loss of a pet.
- Passage of a statute providing for veterinarian’s lien in Texas.
- Girl Scouts Troop 7096, Co-Troop Leader, Dallas, Texas
- Girl Scouts Troop 6891, Co-Troop Leader, Dallas, Texas
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Rebecca Boyce Chapter (Ellis County)
- Preston Road Church of Christ