Spencer Fane attorneys represent companies, their leadership, and individuals in criminal prosecution and civil enforcement actions. We assist in the process from the first contact with a government or law enforcement agent through trial and any appeals. Our consistent focus is our client’s legal, financial, and reputational concerns.
Government policies regarding prosecution and enforcement are aggressive, often resulting in high-stakes situations. Our attorneys understand these situations. Our team includes former federal prosecutors and enforcement lawyers from offices of state attorneys general who gained extensive experience with criminal and enforcement cases during their government service. We understand the government’s strategy, tactics and mindset for trials and appeals and we aim to use our prior experience to the advantage of our clients.
We strive to minimize distractions and stress to our clients while ensuring they are engaged in developing strategy and are informed of all events in the matter.
Our representative list of engagements includes:
- Accounting fraud
- Federal and State antitrust
- Criminal trade secret violations
- Computer and intellectual property crimes
- Deceptive practices enforcement and crimes
- Environmental regulation, enforcement and crimes
- False Claims Act enforcement and crimes
- Financial institution and mortgage fraud
- Food safety and drug labeling enforcement and crimes
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act crimes
- Gaming industry regulation, enforcement and crimes
- Healthcare fraud and abuse
- Insurance fraud
- Mail and wire fraud
- Money laundering and Bank Secrecy Act enforcement and crimes
- Public corruption and Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act enforcement and crimes
- Securities fraud and insider trading
- Tax enforcement and crimes