Steven Laureanti helps his clients identify, protect, and enforce their intellectual property (both domestically and internationally), develop and grow key technologies, and create long-term strategies and technology roadmaps for building comprehensive intellectual property portfolios that achieve his clients’ overall business goals.
To protect and enforce his client’s intellectual property rights, Steven has drafted, filed, and successfully registered hundreds of patents, copyrights, and trademarks; successfully appealed the Trademark Trials and Appeals Board to overturn denials of trademark registrations; negotiated and enforced transfer, assignment, and licensing agreements; and asserted, defended, and settled infringement claims for all types of intellectual property.
Steven also has extensive experience in sports and entertainment law, which allows him to provide intellectual property law services that are specifically tailored to the sports and entertainment industries, such as registration of copyrights and trademarks and negotiation of licensing and other agreements in the music, motion picture, photography, art, sports, and television industries.
In addition, Steven offers outside counsel services. Clients know Steven for his creativity, strategic judgment and ability to understand their business needs. He offers a range of services to help them compete in today’s global marketplace, including intellectual property audits, competitor tracking reports, and patent litigation consultation.
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, 2006 (J.D.)
- DeVry University, 1993 (B.S.E.E.T.), magna cum laude
- Arizona, 2009
- Texas, 2007
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Arizona Federal District Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- National Italian American Foundation, Legal Council
- Individual Advocacy Group, Human Rights Committee
- Wings for Warriors, Board Chairman
- My Blanco, Advisory Board Member
- State Bar of Arizona, Intellectual Property Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, Intellectual Property Law; Entertainment and Sports
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association