Servando R. Sandoval represents both for-profit and non-profit owners, property managers and developers, employers, and other businesses and individuals involved in state and federal litigation and administrative hearings. He also provides guidance to his clients in all aspects of day-to-day employment issues, including but not limited to discrimination, sexual harassment, leaves of absence, and wage and hour claims.
Servando also has deep experience in real estate law, with an emphasis on the multi-family housing industry, focusing on fair housing laws, operational issues, reasonable accommodations, as well as local rent control laws.
Servando provides a wide range of services to his clients, such as providing trainings in fair housing and sexual harassment, conducting investigations of employee claims, as well as defending claims before all courts and in administrative hearings.
Servando is the current Chair of the Board of Directors for Voices College-Bound Language Academies, a dual immersion charter school network with four schools in the San Francisco Bay Area and one school in the Central Valley. He is also the Vice Chair for the Alum Rock Jazz Foundation (formerly Friends of Alum Rock Jazz), which raises funds for the Alum Rock School District afterschool jazz program and also serves on the Board of Directors for the Housing Industry Foundation. Servando previously served as president of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Silicon Valley and the Board of Directors for the San Jose Day Nursery.
Graduating with honors from the University of California at Los Angeles in 1995, Servando earned a degree in communication studies with an emphasis in Chicano studies. He received his Juris Doctor in 1999 from the UCLA School of Law, where he served as editor for the Chicano-Latino Law Review. Servando is admitted to practice in the state of California, including the U.S. District Courts in and for the Northern and Central Districts of California, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 1999 (J.D.)
- University of California, Los Angeles, 1995 (B.A.)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Housing Industry Foundation, Board of Directors
- College-Bound Language Academies, Current Chair Board of Directors for Voices
- Alum Rock Jazz Foundation (formerly Friends of Alum Rock Jazz), Vice Chair
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Silicon Valley, Former Board President
- San Jose Day Nursery, Former Board of Directors
- Silicon Valley Latino Cultural Ambassador
- “Resident Manager Compensation,” California Apartment Association, July 2022
- “Emotional Support Animals,” State Bar of California, Public Accommodation Symposium, April 2016
- “Legal Tips & Tricks for Property Managers,” Affordable Housing Management Association Northern California & Hawaii, September 2015
- Summer Entrepreneur Program at Stanford University, Mexican Consulate, San Jose Office, 2014-2015