With a legal career spanning over a decade, Sarah has established herself as a highly skilled and dedicated technology and licensing attorney that empowers technology-driven businesses to thrive in the digital landscape, ranging from closely held emerging businesses to publicly trade corporations. She has a deep understanding of the intricacies of technology-based agreements and has successfully represented SaaS companies, resellers, and e-commerce providers, guiding them through the complexities of licensing agreements, intellectual property protection, and compliance matters.
As part of Sarah’s technology experience, Sarah also regularly advises clients on data and privacy matters to proactively understand and access their overall risks and develop strategic plans to mitigate. Sarah is an active member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US).
Additionally, Sarah serves as outside general counsel to numerous businesses where she is instrumental in guiding them through entity formations, corporate governance, acquisitions and divestures, contract reviews, and workflow processes. Her insights into market trends and industry best practices empower clients to make informed decisions that reduce risk and achieve business objectives.
- William Mitchell College of Law, 2012, cum laude
- University of North Dakota, 2007 (B.B.A.), magna cum laude
- Minnesota, 2012
- Successfully negotiated SaaS agreements with two Fortune 100 companies, representing approximately 40% of client’s revenue
- Served as chief attorney that managed Digital River, Inc.’s Microsoft e-commerce and reseller agreements for Europe, Asia-Pacific, and North America
- Worked with cross-functional corporate teams across the world, including sales, risk and compliance, export, tax, finance, and leadership
- Executed and closed acquisition and divesture transactions with a combined approximate value of $100 million
- Children’s Minnesota Star Gala, Committee Member
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/US
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- “Loan Programs Available to Small Business Owners due to COVID-19”
- “The Phased Re-opening of Minnesota”
- “Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act of 2020 (PPPFA)”
- “Protecting Your Business in a Digital Age,” panel speaker, Business Owner Seminar Series (BOSS)