Sam J. “Mac” McAllester III represents banks, financial institutions, and other lenders in the negotiation and structure of credit facilities secured by all forms of collateral and prepares all necessary loan documentation to facilitate smooth and efficient transactions. For more than four decades, Mac has represented his clients in the enforcement and collection of loans and realization against all types of collateral, including through workouts, restructures, bankruptcies, repossessions, and foreclosures. Mac says his goal is to fully protect the interest of his clients in the event of default and to completely recover his clients’ money.
Mac’s commercial lending practice involves negotiating, structuring, and documentation of all types and sizes of lending transactions and all types of collateral, including loans for business acquisition, real estate acquisition, development loans, construction loans, commercial and industrial loans, and working capital facilities. His experience also includes the restructure, amendment, renewal, modification, and consolidation of such loans. Mac’s real estate experience includes in-depth knowledge of real estate law and title underwriting. He currently serves as a licensed agent for three national title insurance companies.
Mac served as Chapter 7 Interim Trustee of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of the Middle District of Tennessee and was a member of the Panel of Trustees of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of Middle District of Tennessee for 17 years. Paired with his extensive representation of creditors, Mac is a leading attorney in his field. He regularly consults and represents clients on matters regarding insolvency, bankruptcy, preferences, fraudulent conveyances, and proof of claim issues.
Mac is a frequent speaker and panelist at seminars on commercial lending, loan documentation, real estate, secured transactions, and creditors’ rights for his clients and other professional groups and organizations.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, 1970 (J.D.)
- University of Tennessee, 1969 (B.S.)
- Tennessee, 1971
- Represented commercial lenders in secured and unsecured commercial financing transactions, including refinancing, acquisition and development, and construction loans.
- Represented financial institutions and creditors in commercial litigation, collections, and other related litigation.
- Represented local and national creditors in bankruptcies, restructures, workouts, and realization on collateral.
- Represented a commercial lender in a $24.75 million hotel construction loan.
- Represented a lender in an aircraft financing transaction.
- Represented a lender in the acquisition and construction of a shopping center.
- Represented a borrower in a $200 million commercial loan secured by collateral in multiple states.
- Represented an international company in the purchase and acquisition of local company.
- Provides local counsel opinion letters for large multistate lending transactions.
- Represents sellers and purchasers of real estate.
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville, Former Member Advisory Board
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville, Treasurer / Chairman of Finance Committee, 2012-present
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
- Board of Directors
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee, Chairman
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Rating
- Best Lawyers in America, 2012-2024
- Nashville Business Journal, Best of the Bar, Bankruptcy Law
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2009-2022
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys, Fellow
- Former Board of Regents
- Former Tennessee State Chair
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Nashville Bar Foundation Fellow