Ron Fano helps public entities such as metropolitan districts, intergovernmental authorities, fire protection districts, water and sanitation districts, and business improvement districts to ensure that they are run properly and are able to address the short and long term operation and maintenance of their public facilities, services, and programs for the benefit of their property owners and residents.
Ron’s work also includes helping both public and private entities prevent and solve problems that arise in the area of employee relations. He accomplishes this by working with employers on best practices in creating the right policies; making the right hiring decisions; effectively dealing with the frustrations of employee misconduct, discipline, and termination; and conducting employee and manager training and workplace investigations. He also helps employers navigate post-termination issues that arise, including handling lawsuits or administrative proceedings.
- University of Colorado Law School, 1991 (J.D.)
- University of Colorado Boulder, 1988 (B.A.)
- Colorado, 1991
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Represented multiple private and governmental entities in all employment counseling matters, including drafting job descriptions, classifying employees as exempt or non-exempt, drafting employee handbooks, determining FMLA leave and ADA accommodation issues, and conducting workplace training and investigations.
- Represented a large multi-state irrigation supply company in drafting and maintaining all employment policies and in counseling regarding employee disciplinary matters, and represents the company in all employment related administrative and court proceedings.
- Served as lead counsel in one of the largest and longest standing property rights disputes in Colorado legal history, representing a property owner defending against easement / use right claims by thousands of claimants.
- Represented and currently represents several municipal entities in rate setting and contract dispute litigation.
- Obtained summary judgment and appellate decision affirming judgment on behalf of Eastern Adams County Metropolitan District in dispute regarding rate setting authority. Eastern Adams County Metropolitan District v. Strasburg Sanitation and Water District.
- Best Lawyers in America, 2022-2024
- Order of the Coif
- American Jurisprudence Awards in Civil Procedure, Federal Courts, and Trial Advocacy
- Denver Bar Associations
- Colorado Bar Associations
- American Bar Associations
- Boulder Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Colorado, Inc.
- Special District Association