Robin L. Nolan’s practice focuses on the representation of individuals and businesses in their commercial real estate and business needs, as well as representing religious organizations to help them in carrying out their missions. She dedicates herself to understanding her clients’ needs and then planning, designing and implementing strategies to address those needs. Her clients rely on her legal knowledge and analytic skills in all aspects of their commercial real estate and business needs so they can achieve their desired goals, as well as advising clients in the non-profit sector to carry out their religious and charitable missions.
Robin assists her commercial real estate clients with negotiating and drafting documents for real estate projects from the ground up, including purchase and sale contracts, easements, title review, restrictive covenants, declarations and maintenance agreements, leases, financing documents, and construction contracts. She has represented purchasers and sellers of real estate, borrowers, and landlords and tenants.
Robin assists religious and non-profit organizations effectively to carry out their religious and charitable purposes. Robin provides advice and assistance to her clients in real estate, contract negotiations, organizational issues, and board policies and governance practices.
Robin works with her business clients on the various legal needs of business entities that arise on a daily basis. She provides counsel to businesses concerning formation, structuring, governance, contracting, acquisitions, sales and secured transactions.
Highlights of Robin’s experience include:
- Represented developer in the large-scale development of shopping center along the I-25 corridor with respect to the drafting and negotiation of purchase and sale documents to potential buyers, leasing to national tenants, and declarations and covenants for the shopping center.
- Advised religious organization on tools to use in real estate documents to maintain the property in a certain religious denomination.
- Interview, “Pandemic Brings Unpredictability for Commercial Property Assessments,” Law Week Colorado (April 2021)
- Author, “The Impacts of the Upcoming Beneficial Owner Disclosure Requirement on Real Estate Owners,” Spencer Fane (March 2021)
- Author, “Be Prepared to Handle Tenant Requests for Less Space,” Colorado Real Estate Journal (August 2020)
- Author, “What to Consider When Your Tenant Wants a Lease Modification,” GlobeSt.com (July 2020)
- Author, “Navigating Commercial Leases and Real Estate Loans during COVID-19,” Colorado Lawyer (June 2020)
- Author, “Important Changes for the New 2016 ALTA Commitment Form,” Colorado Real Estate Journal (September 2017)
- Author, “Extinguishing Right of Way by Adverse Possession: Court OKs,” Colorado Real Estate Journal (December 2009)
- Panelist, “Affordable Housing in Colorado,” 38th Annual Real Estate Symposium, Colorado Bar Association Real Estate Section (July 2020)
- Speaker, “Commercial Deal Troubles – Strategies to Identify and Work Through Issues with Your Commercial Matters,” CREW Denver (June 2020)
- Speaker, “How to Select and Get on the Right Board for You,” CREW Denver (June 2020)
- Speaker, “Force Majeure and Impossibility of Performance,” Colorado Bar Association Real Estate Fall Update (November 2020)
- Presented on Non-Competes and Nondisclosure Agreements
- Presented on Landlord or Tenant Files Bankruptcy
- Presented on Commercial Lease Provisions and Issues
- Presented on Screening Protective Clients – Effectively and Legally
- Executive Council Member of the Real Estate Section for the Colorado Bar Association
- Board Member and Director of Membership for Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Downtown Denver Leadership Program Participant
- Member of Rams Juris Doctor Steering Committee for Colorado State University
- Former Board Member for Project 1.27
- Former Board Member of Colorado Community Church
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- Thompson G. Marsh American Inn of Court
- Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Best Lawyers in America, 2023
- Step-Up Award, CREW Denver, 2020
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2010-2013
- Finalist, Top Women Lawyers, Law Week Colorado
Contact Robin Nolan at 303.592.8314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.