Rashmin Asher focuses her practice on administrative law in the area of public utility regulation, and she has represented utilities and municipalities in proceedings before governmental and regulatory boards throughout Texas.
Rashmin has served as a managing attorney and staff attorney for the Public Utility Commission of Texas, where she represented the Commission in numerous electric and water administrative and contested case proceedings. Her experience included base rate proceedings, change of control proceedings, sale / transfer / merger proceedings, certificate of convenience and necessity amendments for generation, transmission line routing proceedings, transmission cost recovery factor proceedings, and others.
Rashmin also has served as Assistant District Attorney for Brazos County, Texas, where she gained extensive appellate litigation experience. She is an active member of both the Public Utility Law and the Administrative and Public Law sections of the State Bar of Texas. Rashmin completed her undergraduate studies at Texas A&M University and earned her Juris Doctor from Ohio State University’s Moritz College of Law.
- Ohio State University College of Law, 2014 (J.D.)
- Texas A&M University, 2010 (B.S.)
- Texas, 2014
- Public Utility Commission of Texas, Managing Attorney
- Served as lead attorney in an electric sale, transfer, and merger case and a generation certificate of convenience and necessity proceeding.
- Served as managing and lead attorney in electric rate cases, and a rate case for one of the largest water and sewer utilities in Texas.
- Served as lead attorney for several transmission line proceedings.
- Brazos County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney
- Represented Brazos County in several appellate cases throughout Texas.
- Represented Brazos County in oral argument at 10th Court of Appeals in Texas.
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2024
- State Bar of Texas
- Public Utility Law Section
- Administrative and Public Law Section
- Gulf Coast Power Association
- Austin Bar Association
- Administrative Law Section