Raj Gangadean helps clients align legal strategies related to transactional matters with overall business goals and objectives, providing important guidance that allows businesses of all sizes to maintain successful operations and realize growth and financially beneficial opportunities.
With more than two decades of experience in private practice, Raj regularly advises clients in the following areas: mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, restructurings, and dispositions; joint ventures and other strategic alliances; formation and structuring of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies; corporate finance and private offerings of securities; and general business transactions and counseling. He frequently acts as primary outside counsel to clients ranging in size from small startup entities to very large public companies.
Raj prioritizes responsive day-to-day legal advice on all aspects of corporate operations critical to a client’s success. He has built a deep understanding in a wide range of corporate finance options, including private placements, venture capital / private equity investments, and traditional debt financing, and provides counsel on corporate structure, family succession planning, executive compensation arrangements, licensing, other business agreements, and negotiated resolutions of business disputes.
- Stanford University (Ph.D. Candidate)
- Stanford University Law School, 1998 (J.D.)
- University of Arizona, 1991 (M.A.)
- University of Arizona, 1990 (B.A.)
- Invest Southwest, Executive Committee, 2009-2015
- Venture Madness, Mentor Team Captain, 2014-2015
- Arizona Road Racers, Vice President, Policy and Procedures, 2009-2013
- Chambers USA, 2014-present
- Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2014-present
- Stanford Journal of Law, Business & Finance, Articles Editor
- State Bar of Arizona, Business Law Section
- Executive Counsel 2000-2015, Section Chair, 2013-2014
- Conversion and Mergers Subcommittee of Legislative Committee, Co-Chair, 2010-2014
- “The Corporate Transparency Act: Preparing for the Creation of a Federal Database of Entity Beneficial Ownership Information,” Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Arizona Chapter Meeting, 2022