Mitchell Martin is an experienced attorney with a track record of success for his clients. He has tried jury and bench trials to verdict in state and federal court and has also briefed appeals to the Illinois Court of Appeals, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, and the Supreme Court of Alabama. Mitchell has significant experience representing major corporations in matters involving breach of contract, breach of warranty, premises liability, and product liability claims in state and federal courts throughout the U.S.
In addition to his litigation work, Mitchell also assists clients with their compliance related needs in the growing areas of data privacy and cyber security.
Mitchell believes being an attorney isn’t just a job, it’s a calling. Over the years, he has prosecuted Civil Rights Section 1983 cases on behalf of wrongfully incarcerated exonerees, defended the civil rights of prisoners mistreated by correctional officers, and sued on behalf of private litigants in civil rights cases all across the country. Before entering private practice, Mitchell worked as an intern for the former Chief Justice of the Illinois Supreme Court, the Honorable Lloyd Karmeier, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois, the Honorable Michael Reagan, and the U.S. Attorneys Office for the Southern District of Illinois.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, 2013 (J.D.), cum laude
- Harding University, 2008 (B.A.), summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2024