Mike Seitz is an experienced trial lawyer who helps clients navigate complex civil litigation and appellate matters throughout the country.
Mike has handled cases with claims exceeding several billion dollars in potential liability and has experience in many areas affecting business clients, including ownership disputes, copyright and trade secret litigation, professional malpractice, fraud and unfair competition, racketeering, the False Claims Act, real estate disputes, and employment litigation.
Mike also defends businesses in class action lawsuits. He has defended class actions for retailers, banks, financial technology companies, and other businesses in both state and federal courts. Mike’s class action clients include local businesses and large publicly traded companies.
In addition to his work for business clients, Mike helps law firms and attorneys facing legal malpractice claims. Mike has defended law firms and attorneys in high-stakes and high-profile litigation, with the potential for severe financial consequences, negative press coverage, and reputational damage.
Highlights of Mike’s experience include:
- Won a complete defense judgment in a nationwide class action seeking over $700 million in damages from a national retailer.
- Won a total defense verdict for a major religious institution following nationwide press coverage and a four-week jury trial on claimed violations of the Missouri Abortion Act.
- Represented a public university system in a bench and jury trial involving nine-figure damages claims against a national actuarial and consulting firm.
- Won dismissal with prejudice of claimed Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) violations for healthcare industry clients.
- Obtained a favorable result for a technology company facing computer fraud claims.
- Represented television studios in high-profile employment litigation, accounting and contract disputes, and copyright and trade secret cases.
- Defended real estate companies and financial institutions in complex consumer class actions.
- Obtained a favorable result for a law firm facing a nine-figure damages claim alleging legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented banks and investment funds in actions against debtors for violating the Uniform Fraudulent Transfers Act.
- Secured dismissal with prejudice of toxic tort claims against an international food company and successfully defended against appeal.
- Represented a sovereign wealth fund in a commercial real estate dispute.
- Defended a large, privately owned food company against claims for involuntary dissolution.
- Represented an international energy company in its defense against a multibillion dollar foreign country judgment.
- Defended local businesses in employment discrimination lawsuits.
Contact Mike Seitz at 816.292.8277 or firstname.lastname@example.org.