Mavish Bana focuses her practice on a wide range of complex commercial litigation and labor and employment matters. She is experienced in counseling on matters involving breach of contract, fraud and other business torts, temporary and permanent injunctive relief, racketeering, antitrust, product liability, franchisor/franchisee disputes, labor and employment, deceptive trade practices, non-competition, and theft and misappropriation of trade secrets.
Mavish represents a variety of clients from individuals and startups to Fortune 500 companies across a variety of industries, including technology, banking and finance, media, real estate, retail, hospitality, construction, food and beverage, franchise, mining, and health care. Mavish has independently managed litigation from the pre-suit investigation stage through final resolution for five years. She has defended a high-exposure arbitration through the final evidentiary hearing, won two motions for summary judgment, taken and defended over 30 depositions, mediated over 25 cases, filed and defended countless motions, and managed voluminous discovery including that of complex electronically stored information.
Mavish is active in the wider legal community, serving on the Executive Board of Directors for the South Asian Bar Association of Dallas. She has also been recognized as a 2023 Texas Rising Star by Super Lawyers in Business Litigation.
As for academic credentials, Mavish graduated cum laude from SMU Dedman School of Law in 2018. Prior to her transfer to SMU Law, Mavish was awarded the merit-based Dean’s Academic Award and the Dean’s Scholarship at St. Mary’s University School of Law. At SMU, Mavish was a Staff Writer for SMU Science & Technology Law Review and founded the South Asian Law Student Association. In 2017, she received the Alexander Bolton Law Student Award for her commitment to community service. Mavish also participated in the Corporate Counsel Externship Program, wherein she gained insight into the unique challenges facing in-house executives and advised on compliance and risk mitigation matters.
Mavish’s education and practical experience has prepared her to perform at a high level in a litigious environment, work well under pressure, and to strive for excellence. Mavish is passionate about understanding her clients’ businesses in order to effectively draft litigation strategies and proficiently bring adversarial conflicts to resolution; whether that be through informal negotiations, mediation, or trial.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, 2018 (J.D.), cum laude
- Texas A&M University, 2015 (B.A.), Dean's List
- Texas, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2024
- Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2023
- SMU Science & Technology Law Review, Article Editor
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Alexander Bolton Law Student Scholarship Award Recipient
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, Merit-based Dean’s Academic Award and Dean’s Scholarship
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas Women Lawyers Association
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association
- Attorneys Serving the Community
- South Asian Bar Association of Dallas, Executive Board of Directors, Annual Charity Gala Chair