Mark Wise represents public and private businesses in complex merger and acquisition transactions, venture capital transactions, commercial financing, and securities offerings. In addition, he has extensive experience in commercial real estate and municipal finance issues.
Mark is an experienced mediator with a concentration on resolution of disputes involving multifaceted business, real estate, and municipal finance issues. He was also previously appointed by the Houston Mayor to serve as a regional member on the Mayor’s International Affairs & Development Council / Americas.
- The University of Texas School of Law, 1974 (J.D.)
- George Washington University, 1971 (B.A.)
- Texas, 1974
- Represented a Korean lender in restructuring of debt owed by Texas corporation.
- Represented a machining company in sale of company to strategic buyer.
- Represented an individual businessman in purchase of controlling interest of restaurant chain and subsequent shareholder dispute and buyout.
- Represented a dentist in purchase of dental practice and subsequent growth and expansion transactions.
- Represented a pediatric dentist in restructuring her practice and bringing in new owners with planned future purchases of ownership interests.
- Represented an energy industry manufacturer with regard to purchase of new primary real estate facility and several other real estate transactions, including addressing complex title and easement issues.
- Represented an individual investor in the formation of real estate investment entities and subsequent purchases and leases of real estate.
- Represented a Texas corporation in stock-asset exchange transaction resulting in consolidation of two metals- and recycling-industry businesses.
- Represented an export business in sale of business and subsequent winding up, liquidation, and termination / dissolution of family of entities.
- Represented a dentist in sale of practice in retirement sale transaction.
- Acted as lead counsel for an international valves manufacturer and distributor in a complicated corporate restructure involving the division of multiple lines of business into distinct corporate entities and organizations, including establishment of entities and lines of business in foreign jurisdictions.
- Represented a Texas-based outdoor furniture retailer in expansion acquisition of New York-based outdoor furniture business.
- Represented a beer and alcohol distributor in sale of company.
- Represented an international valve manufacturer and distributor in obtaining multiple bank revolving line of credit and term loans.
- Represented an investment advisory firm in equity buy in of key employee.
- Represented a major outdoor furniture retailer in a complex corporate reorganization involving estate and tax planning elements.
- Represented the first municipal utility district within the city limits of Houston in connection with its creation and initial funding through bond issuance and subsequent Chapter 9 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Southwest Region of the Anti-Defamation League, Former Chairman
- Houston Jewish Family Foundation, Former President
- Security Bank, Houston, Texas, Former Director
- Best Lawyers in America, 2024
- Texas Super Lawyers, 2004-2005, 2016-2018
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Top Rated Lawyer, Corporate Law, 2018
- H Texas Magazine, Houston’s Top Lawyers, 2005
- Eagle Boy Scout
- University of Texas at Austin School of Law, Outstanding Teaching Quizmaster
- Association for Conflict Resolution
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Bar Foundation, Sustaining Life Fellow
- Houston Bar Foundation, Sustaining Life Fellow
- Association for Corporate Growth