Kim Kerns guides clients through all phases of litigation using her extensive courtroom experience to not only achieve favorable verdicts when trial becomes necessary but also coordinate favorable outcomes through dispositive motions and settlement to provide resolutions that match a client’s unique business objectives.
An accomplished trial lawyer with more than 25 jury trials under her belt, Kim has a proven track record defending insurance companies, construction companies, municipalities, design professionals, motor carriers, and individuals in first- and third-party lawsuits involving contract disputes and tort claims. She has also successfully handled surety law matters and investigated the merits of bond claims.
Kim long held an ambition to be a trial lawyer and competed on several mock trial teams while attending Southern Methodist University’s Dedman School of Law. She remains dedicated to inspiring a new generation of trial lawyers and coaches high school mock trials.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, 2011 (J.D.), cum laude
- The University of Texas at Dallas, 2007 (B.A.), cum laude
- Texas, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Plano East Senior High School Mock Trial Team, Coach
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas Women’s Construction Law Group