Kevin Kuhlman utilizes his extensive litigation and dispute resolution experience to represent clients across a wide range of industries in complex and consequential legal matters, efficiently and effectively finding beneficial resolutions that avoid unnecessary costs – monetary and reputational.
His clients range from major corporations with a specific concentration of manufacturers and hospitality industry companies to smaller entities in individuals, and he has built a successful track record of handling litigation related to breach of contract, breach of warranty, premises liability, and product liability in state and federal courts throughout the U.S.
In addition, Kevin handles consumer class actions and other types of multidistrict litigation involving alleged deceptive trade practices, product liability, and warranty claims. He also performs internal investigations and regularly resolves claims through mediation, multiparty settlement conferences, and other alternative dispute resolution methods.
Kevin handles matters from inception through to conclusion, focusing on resolving the matter at the earliest opportunity. This involves assessing the business goals of the client and aligning legal strategies to meet those unique objectives. He coordinates party and expert witness depositions, drafting and responding to written discovery and discovery motions, and thoroughly investing claims through witness interviews and document review to provide proactive client service that addresses the full scope of any litigious matter.
- Washington University School of Law, 2005 (J.D.)
- Truman State University, 2002 (B.A., B.S.)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Reached a favorable settlement for a breach of lease claim filed against a mineral production company. The settlement greatly reduced the initial demand by the plaintiff, in addition to avoiding significant impact on business operations and future business endeavors by the client.
- Proactively assisted a large chemical manufacturing company following an alleged anhydrous ammonia leak. Services provided include conducting next-day response to the site to interview and investigate the claim. The investigation was completed and recommended next steps were provided within days of the incident.
- Represented a power generation company in a product liability case following a large fire that caused extensive damage.
- Represented motorcycle manufacturer and obtained summary judgment in a premises liability and employer intentional tort claim where employee allegedly suffered from Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma as a result of chemicals inhaled during her employment. The plaintiff refiled her case alleging a change in the applicable law permitted her to file suit again and the case was dismissed a second time with prejudice. The second dismissal was upheld on appeal by the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented engine manufacturer and filed successful Motion to Dismiss defeating plaintiff’s allegations that the engine installed in a vehicle caused a fire that destroyed a building and multiple vehicles.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of engine manufacturer in multimillion-dollar lawsuit asserting consumer fraud and warranty claims on behalf of large fleet operator involving allegations that an EPA-compliant emission system was defective and caused extensive damages.
- Represented engine manufacturer and obtained voluntary dismissal by the plaintiff of putative nationwide class action alleging warranty and consumer fraud claims.
- Represented national pet supplies retailer and obtained voluntary dismissal from plaintiff in case alleging a store fixture fell and struck the plaintiff’s skull, causing a closed head injury and extensive damages.
- Represented hotel in case alleging that lax security measures resulted in guest being assaulted by another hotel guest during her stay. The case resolved for nominal cash payment and hotel reward points.
- Represented hotel in multiple premises liability matters claiming that various aspects of the property caused guests to fall, break bones, and suffer damages.
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2014-2019