Jennifer Riso devises and implements effective strategies to obtain favorable outcomes in a cost-efficient manner for a wide range of legal matters for clients, providing them with business continuity and keeping them in the best position to minimize damages.
A skilled litigator and advocate for clients involved in high-profile cases with nationwide visibility, Jennifer is experienced in handling a wide range of complex litigation including business disputes, professional liability, product liability, employment-related claims, catastrophic injury, and wrongful death on behalf of companies of all sizes and nonprofit organizations. Her experience includes successes in state, federal, and appellate courts in in jurisdictions throughout the country.
Jennifer primarily represents fraternal organizations in litigation throughout the country in and outside of the courtroom. She provides a holistic view of the industry and a proactive approach to identify ways in which they can improve their policies and educational programming in order to address changing times and reach students in the most effective manner in an effort to limit future issues. She also advises students in connection with student conduct and Title IX actions, and provides training and seminars designed to educate young adults on alcohol, hazing, sexual assault, bystander intervention, and other areas of risk management.
Often, reputation, success, and even survival hang in the balance when the potential for costly litigation arises, and Jennifer collaborates with others in the firm to best address challenges regardless of venue. This includes proactively resolving the matter or advocating before mediators, arbitration panels, judges, and juries. She regularly handles the full range of litigation risks that a business might encounter with thoughtful and aggressive counsel.
- University of Tulsa College of Law, 1999 (J.D.)
- California Polytechnic State University, 1996 (B.S.)
- California, 1999
- Texas, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Texas
- Travis County Women Lawyers’ Association
- Queen’s Bench (San Francisco), Former Member
- DRI Trial Tactics Group, Former Member
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Former Member
- Alpha Chi Omega Fraternity