Jason Medley helps banks and other financial institutions structure transactions in a manner that enables them to be efficiently closed, allowing for key stakeholders to maximize benefits and avoid unnecessary delays or costs. His work fully encompasses all aspects of contract negotiations, workouts, intercreditor relations, and secured party collections.
Jason represents banks, factoring companies (purchase and sale of accounts receivable), and real estate entities in a wide variety of transactional matters from due diligence to contract negotiations, workouts, intercreditor relations, and secured party collections. He has more than 20 years of extensive experience in asset-based loan (ABL) financing and uniquely serves as a preferred attorney for the International Factoring Association, which assists with providing information, training, purchasing power, and resources to the Factoring community.
In addition, Jason also represents businesses in corporate governance and general matters, including entity formation, contracts, leasing, mergers, and acquisitions. He is a frequent speaker at professional conferences and area civic groups on trend topics in the financial services industry in addition to providing written thought leadership.
Presentations and Publications
- “United States Law Continues to Embrace Factoring (…even during a pandemic),” BCR 2020, World Factoring Yearbook
- “IFA Legal Compendium 4th Edition,” 2020
- “US Law Continues to Embrace Factoring,” BCR 2019 World Factoring Yearbook
- International Factoring Association’s Annual Conference, featured speaker on legal panel, 2013, 2018-2019
- “Legal Challenges for Italian Companies Doing Business in Texas,” speaker for Italian Chamber of Commerce, 2019
- Lake Houston Area Chamber of Commerce, Past Chairman of the Board
- YMCA Board of Directors, 2009
- Houston Chapter of the Commercial Finance Association (now known as the Secured Finance Network), General Counsel
- Commercial Finance Association (Houston Chapter)
- Legal Counsel
- Turnaround Management Association (Houston Chapter), Member
- International Factoring Association, Preferred Attorney
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel, Member (2001-present)
- Texas Monthly, Rising Stars (2010)
Contact Jason Medley at 713.212.2691 or firstname.lastname@example.org.