Jim Dankenbring represents businesses in mergers and acquisitions, securities matters, complex contract negotiations, and executive compensation.
He helps buyers and sellers, including senior management and investors, in connection with the acquisition, sale, and recapitalization of businesses in industries such as health care, manufacturing, and technology. He also guides issuers and investors in public and private debt and equity financings, credit facilities, and other complex financing transactions.
Through his active participation in TAGLaw, Jim has developed personal relationships with lawyers around the world. As a result, he often represents parties in cross-border joint ventures and strategic alliances, including distributor agreements, product distribution and marketing agreements, franchise agreements, licenses, and other complex agreements.
Jim is also a frequent speaker at CLE seminars on topics such as M&A, limited liability companies, choice of business entity, and legal ethics.
Before beginning his legal career in the early 1980s, Jim practiced as a certified public accountant in the tax department of Ernst & Young.
- University of Missouri – Columbia, 1974 (B.A.)
- University of Missouri School of Law, 1977 (J.D.)
- Missouri, 1977
- Represented a prominent North American retail technology company in its sale to a major competitor.
- Represented a multi-national manufacturing company in connection with the design and preparation of various management incentive equity plans.
Represented a large health care company in a minority recapitalization by a private equity firm.
Represented a private equity firm in a minority recapitalization of a food manufacturer.
- Represented a major manufacturer in the design and implementation of an executive long-term incentive compensation plan.
- Represented a multi-national manufacturer in connection with multiple business acquisitions, including the negotiation and preparation of executive employment agreements and a long-term incentive compensation plan.
Throughout his career, Jim has served on, and chaired, numerous Boards of Directors for non-profit organizations, including Lutheran Senior Services, Lutheran Foundation of St. Louis, Lutheran Indian Ministries, The Foundation for Called Workers, Open Sky Education, The Missouri Bar Board of Governors, Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch Foundation, St. Louis Bar Foundation, Westborough Country Club, and Missouri Athletic Club.
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent, 1989-2024
- Best Lawyers in America, 2012-2024
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Corporate Governance Law, 2023
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Corporate Compliance Law, 2017
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis