Nick Badgerow is a trial lawyer with more than 48 years of experience trying complex and difficult cases throughout the Midwest, and has tried more than 50 jury trials in the Kansas City area alone. He also frequently serves as a construction arbitrator and mediator, and a consultant and expert witness on legal ethics.
Nick helps contractors, subcontractors, owners, and suppliers obtain satisfactory results in construction cases, so they can concentrate on completing their projects and moving forward.
In addition, Nick assists lawyers, law firms, and judges with ethical and professional issues, including bar applications, ethics complaints, consultations, and firm policies, so they can confidently practice their professions. He also helps employers, manufacturers, and a myriad of other businesses defend complex business litigation cases of all kinds, including employment discrimination, patent infringement, antitrust, and contract breaches, so those clients can navigate the maze of litigation at a minimum of cost and exposure.
- The Principia College
- University of Missouri - Kansas City (J.D.)
- Kansas, 1976
- Missouri, 1986
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- Successfully represented a major national employer in a jury trial involving a number of discrimination claims in federal court.
- Successfully represented a window manufacturer against a claim of mold intrusion leading to alleged personal injuries.
- Successfully represented a subcontractor against a general contractor’s claim that the subcontractor had reneged on a bid.
- Chambers USA, Litigation: General Commercial; Litigation: Mediators, 2014, 2020-2023
- Business Today, Top 10 Powerhouse Litigation Lawyers Shaping Kansas’ Commercial Arena in 2023
- Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers, 2005-2021
- Best Lawyers in America, 2008-2021
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Bet-the-Company Litigation, 2021
- Benchmark Litigation, Local Litigation Star, 2023
- National Board of Legal Specialty Certification
- American Arbitration Association Panel Member 2014
- American Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Wyandotte County Bar Association
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers
- Kansas Association of Defense Counsel