Doug Weems has been involved in a wide variety of business litigation matters. Doug has represented a national health insurance company in a wide variety of employee benefits, contract, antitrust, and general litigation. Doug also has extensive experience in intellectual property litigation, especially covenants not-to-compete and trade secrets litigation. He has been involved in over thirty preliminary injunction hearings.
For example, Doug recently obtained a preliminary injunction enforcing covenants not to compete signed by several managerial and sales level employees who left their former employer and set up a competing company. Doug has extensive experience in handling class actions, including recent representation of a client in four separate class actions in Missouri and Kansas. Doug is a frequent author and speaker on covenants not to compete and trade secrets.
Doug has also been involved in a wide variety of other business litigation matters, including contract, construction, real estate, and bankruptcy disputes and litigation. Doug has handled a number of mechanics’ lien matters, including two reported appellate decisions.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Nebraska
- Kansas, 1991
- Missouri, 1990
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Martindale-Hubbell, Rated AV Preeminent
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2007-2014
- Best Lawyers in America, 2022-2024
- American Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association