Chris Raybeck regularly represents banks and other financial institutions in transactional and regulatory matters and regularly represents real estate developers and other parties involved in commercial real estate transactions.
Chris’ financial services practice includes lender representation in structuring, documenting, and closing credit facility transactions involving all forms of collateral, including real estate-backed loans (acquisition and development loans and construction loans) and commercial and industrial or asset-backed loans. His loan documentation experience covers multiple industry sectors and includes syndications and club arrangements, on behalf of both lead lenders and participants. Chris also counsels banks on regulatory matters and works on bank and holding company transactions.
Chris’ real estate practice includes representing clients in the sale, acquisition, development, and management of commercial property across multiple uses, including Class A+ office buildings and retail shopping centers. His developer clients have an array of focuses, from sponsorship of programmatic development projects for retail and health care uses to mixed-use multi-family buildings and residential subdivisions. He also represents landlords and tenants in the negotiation of commercial leases for a wide range of uses, on both gross and net bases.
Before joining Spencer Fane through its combination with Bone McAllester Norton, Chris clerked for two years for the Honorable Walter C. Kurtz, Judge of the Fifth Circuit Court for Davidson County, Tennessee (Retired).
- University of Tennessee College of Law, 2003 (J.D.)
- University of Tennessee, 2000 (B.S.)
- Tennessee, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, 2006
- University of Tennessee Legal Clinic Advisory Board, Past Board Member
- Nashville Zoo, Board of Directors, Past Board Member
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018-2024
- Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2012-2015
- The Banking Lawyers, Tennessee Representative, 2020-2022
- TBA Leadership Law Class, 2011
- Nashville Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Foundation Fellow
- Tennessee Bar Association