Charli Steed is an attorney in the Tax, Trusts, & Estates group, focusing her practice in the areas of tax, wealth preservation, and general business. Charli helps clients plan for the future by preparing trusts, wills, powers of attorney, non-judicial settlement agreements, and fiduciary litigation documents.
As regulations and laws evolve, Charli regularly researches various best practices for tax-related issues pertaining to trusts, wills, IRAs, corporate inversions, and equity funds. She also reviews and interprets language in trust documents and wills for individual clients.
In addition to her work with private clients, Charli advises and supports numerous tax-exempt organizations on a variety of nonprofit corporate and tax-related issues under Section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code, including issues related to organization, qualification, tax reporting, and general compliance. Charli also advises and supports businesses with the tax-related aspects of mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, divestitures and restructurings, along with general business matters.
Highlights of Charli’s experience include:
- Supported tax-exempt organizations with regard to tax reporting and compliance issues
- Assisted in a $115 million dollar acquisition deal, including, but not limited to, preparation of disclosure schedules and organization of closing
- Assisted entities with tax-related aspects of mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, divestitures, and restructurings
- Assisted individuals with various tax-related issues pertaining to family businesses
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- “Missouri Gives Options in Powers of Attorney for Financial Purposes,” Springfield Business Journal, August 2023
Contact Charli Steed at 417.888.1009 or firstname.lastname@example.org.